Notifications
Clear all

When will we have Octoprint support?  

Page 3 / 4
  RSS
MVasilakis
(@mvasilakis)
RE: When will we have Octoprint support?

@finariel

Try a different cable. Maybe it's bad. I'm connected the same way. USB on the Pi to Micro USB on the Mini. Been working flawlessly for weeks.

FWIW I also toss a ferrite choke on my USB cables.

This post was modified 4 years ago by MVasilakis
Posted : 05/02/2020 10:45 pm
fns720
(@fns720)

@manousos-v

I have a Raspberry Pi 3A+ connected to the Prusa MINI (RPI: USB-A, Prusa Mini: Micro USB). Octoprint did not find /dev/ttyACM0 - what else did you configure on the Octoprint?

Posted : 06/02/2020 8:03 am
Oxygen
(@oxygen)
Reputable Member

have you enabled the serial port (option 2 from this page) enable serial port

Mini with FW:4.4.1 + SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + PC4-M8 couplers + 1 piece boden

Posted : 06/02/2020 8:51 am
fns720
(@fns720)

@oxygen

I don't have a Serial option in raspi-config. I have added enable_uart=1 to /boot/config.txt but Octoprint still does not recognise the port. 

Posted : 06/02/2020 9:02 am
fns720
(@fns720)

Guys, I figured it out finally.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3A+. The Raspberry Pi's USB-A port is connected to the Prusa MINI's micro USB port using a standard micro USB cable with a ferrule coil on it.

If you have installed Octoprint 1.3.12 from the official image, run <code>sudo raspi-config</code> and in the Interfacing options / P6 Serial enable serial. If this does not help change the micro USB cable with one which has a ferrule coil on it.

In Octoprint serial settings, leave Serial Port and Baudrate on Auto and leave Additional serial ports field blank, and enable Request exclusive access to the serial port.

Posted : 07/02/2020 1:31 am
LittleNeutrino
(@littleneutrino)

@fns720

I just tried this, no dice, and its the same USB cable I use for most things, never had an issue with it on other things. Any other suggestions?

Posted : 11/02/2020 3:00 pm
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member

I've been having pretty good luck with Octoprint, but just ran into the following error and Octoprint eventually disconnected from my Mini.

The error reads "Error: Printer keeps requesting line 1419125 again and again. Communication stuck". Any ideas? This was 8 hours or so into a 10 hour print 🙁

Posted : 11/02/2020 3:32 pm
LittleNeutrino
(@littleneutrino)

ok, i switched to a different pi and now its working without issue (connection anyway) so now i guess i will work on tweaking it to make it work with the mini.

Posted : 11/02/2020 11:01 pm
LittleNeutrino
(@littleneutrino)

Anyone that has it working, can they post a dump of the Printer profile they setup for it as well as their GCODE preambles ect..  I tried to set it up but its printing 1mm or so above the print bed and just useless even when using the exact same GCODE that I have on the flash drive.

Posted : 12/02/2020 4:34 pm
bradmcgonigle
(@bradmcgonigle)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @littleneutrino

Anyone that has it working, can they post a dump of the Printer profile they setup for it as well as their GCODE preambles ect..  I tried to set it up but its printing 1mm or so above the print bed and just useless even when using the exact same GCODE that I have on the flash drive.

Here is my basic printer profile for my Mini copied right out of the PrusaSlicer printer settings:

Print bed & build volume

• Form Factor - Rectangular
  • Origin - Lower Left
  • Heated Bed - Checked
  • Heated Chamber - Unchecked
  • Width (X) - 180mm
  • Depth (Y) - 180mm
  • Height (Z) - 180mm
  • Custom bounding box - Unchecked

Axes

• X - 180mm/min
  • Y - 180mm/min
  • Z - 180mm/m
  • E - 80mm/min

Hotend & extruder

• Nozzle Diameter - 0.4mm
  • Number of Extruders -1

I only have one GCODE Script which I got from https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues/1126 (End GCode).  I use it in the the 'after print job completes' script: https://gist.github.com/BradMcGonigle/601556da256c142c2ea25302a122cd12

I've tried Octolapse but haven't had any luck yet with the settings so if anyone has a nice working Octolapse setup, I'd love to know your settings for it with the Mini.

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by bradmcgonigle
Posted : 13/02/2020 2:41 pm
Strankler liked
Strankler
(@strankler)

@littleneutrino

I just wanted to post my settings here, since you were asking for it in the waiting thread. But I saw bradmcgonigle already did it, and I just can confirm, that I 'm working with the same settings as he does. Except, I don't use the additional GCODE scripts (but worth trying).

All my additional GCODE script field are empty, only in "

Posted : 14/02/2020 10:24 am
LittleNeutrino
(@littleneutrino)

So I used those settings, and it will print the first couple layers, and then it just stops extruding (not jammed just not spinning the extruder anymore) printing from USB still works fine.

Posted : 14/02/2020 1:30 pm
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member

@bradmcgonigle

These mirror my settings (without your gcode scripts). I too have been unsuccessful with Octolapse. I have it configured and it snaps photos appropriately, but after the first layer, the Mini air prints. It's as if my octolapse settings retract too much filament without detracting the right amount. I posted about it in his facebook group.

I've only had one glitch with Octoprint as posted previously. On that print, I used PrusaSlicer's Variable Height feature and I think it confused Octoprint. Otherwise its running pretty well.

Posted : 14/02/2020 1:36 pm
JSR
 JSR
(@jsr-2)

So I used those settings, and it will print the first couple layers, and then it just stops extruding (not jammed just not spinning the extruder anymore) printing from USB still works fine.

This is the same with Repetier server. Also you can't use the z-live and the screen of the mini is not showing the actual print info.

Posted : 01/03/2020 8:05 am
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

Is someone of you using "Bed visualizer" - would be very interested which settings are necessary to create an update of the mesh.

Best regards, Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 01/03/2020 4:40 pm
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

Found it - it was "G28" for Autohome and "G29" for Meshbedleveling - there I found it:
https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/user-mods-octoprint-enclosures-nozzles/gcode-for-prusa-mesh-leveling-plugin/

Best regards, Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 01/03/2020 5:27 pm
Seth G.
(@seth-g)

@lcgulotta

I just tested this tonight as I want to use up old spool remnants...pauses properly, parks nozzle, rams and unloads filament and then will not do anything after that. the nozzle then cools within 30 sec - 1 min and will not resume. Have you had any luck or do I need to stick to printing from USB for now when I want to use up remainder of spools?

Posted : 12/04/2020 6:27 am
Seth G.
(@seth-g)

Octo itself works but the auto filament change with the filament sensor does not. Was wondering if anyone had the same issues.

Posted : 14/04/2020 2:11 pm
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @bradmcgonigle

Here is my basic printer profile for my Mini copied right out of the PrusaSlicer printer settings:

Print bed & build volume

• Form Factor - Rectangular
  • Origin - Lower Left
  • Heated Bed - Checked
  • Heated Chamber - Unchecked
  • Width (X) - 180mm
  • Depth (Y) - 180mm
  • Height (Z) - 180mm
  • Custom bounding box - Unchecked

Axes

• X - 180mm/min
  • Y - 180mm/min
  • Z - 180mm/m
  • E - 80mm/min

Hotend & extruder

• Nozzle Diameter - 0.4mm
  • Number of Extruders -1

I only have one GCODE Script which I got from https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues/1126 (End GCode).  I use it in the the 'after print job completes' script: https://gist.github.com/BradMcGonigle/601556da256c142c2ea25302a122cd12

I've tried Octolapse but haven't had any luck yet with the settings so if anyone has a nice working Octolapse setup, I'd love to know your settings for it with the Mini.

Note under Axis, Z feederate should be 12mm/s, as per Prusaslicer profile.

Texy

This post was modified 4 years ago by Texy
Posted : 15/04/2020 8:07 am
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member

One thing I do find annoying with the Mini is that I do not have full control of it when Octoprint has connected. With the MK3 I am able to take over control locally even is Octoprint is connected, but not with the Mini. Perhaps there is an option I am missing ?

Texy

Posted : 16/04/2020 10:34 am
Page 3 / 4
Share: