Clear all

Prusa Bear Mini Mk3s  

Page 1 / 21
  RSS
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Prusa Bear Mini Mk3s

hi guys this is our mod prusa mini bear smokystyle check it at this link:. https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/37939-prusa-bear-mk3s-mini-ultra-upgraded.          Cheers and happy printing. It prints better than mk3s and way better than Mini. We are  glad to share.

Posted : 10/08/2020 9:31 am
SirPrintsALot, ladevcon, Javacer and 1 people liked
Benji
(@benji)
Estimable Member
RE: Prusa Bear Mini Mk3s

Great work! I will be following this project closely. Please publish to Github.

This post was modified 4 years ago by Benji

Prusa Mini Silicone Bed Leveling Mod: https://bbbenji.github.io/PMSBLM/

Posted : 10/08/2020 6:02 pm
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Hi @benji,

We did initiated a Github on this matter as you have requested here is the link : https://github.com/3DPGVA/Prusa-Bear-MK3S-MINI---Ultra-Upgraded-

we will try to update it, since there are more mods to come for the MINI 😉

Cheers

Posted : 10/08/2020 7:39 pm
Cashew92ftw and liked
Benji
(@benji)
Estimable Member

@3dpgva

Perfect, I hope to contribute.

Posted : 10/08/2020 8:01 pm
pear3d.ch liked
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

We ordered some 3030 aluminium extrusions to do the other version the haribo upgrade, what would be fun to use the extruder gears for the directdrive we will post soon a work in progres using the mk3s e-axis directrive with the mini gears. lol a lot to do 😉

Posted : 10/08/2020 8:08 pm
Benji
(@benji)
Estimable Member

@3dpgva

Why are you guys working on several different versions instead of picking one and eventually improving that one?

Are there different pros a cons to each?

Posted : 10/08/2020 8:14 pm
pear3d.ch liked
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Yes there are, the haribo would cost cheaper les aluminum to buy, but we will make the haribo one as well and compare the costs, now to print the front and back plate for the haribo mini you will need a larger bed than mini thats the downside. 

Posted : 10/08/2020 9:06 pm
padigree
(@padigree)
Trusted Member

Have you guys ever completed this project? Love my mk3s bear - also thought about upgrading a mini as fun project. Would be glad to see this little monster in action 😉 

It’s better to give than to receive. Especially advice.

Posted : 20/12/2020 8:40 pm
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Hi Padigree, yes we have been using for our printing farm 10 of these mini babies and they do perform at our acceptance, bear in mind this is not Prusa official mini, its a modified one and we dont take responsability, so if you need help on building it let is know we are glad to help you 😉

Posted : 13/01/2021 1:47 pm
padigree
(@padigree)
Trusted Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was thinking about building one of these little beauties out of spare parts as a rigid bowden system using Klipper for fast prototyping. I have a spare original hotend and lots of rods from my mk3s and mini misumi upgrades, also lots of motors and bondtech gears, clones and so on. Maybe worth a try 🙂 

Posted : 16/01/2021 8:07 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

It is definitely an interesting MOD.  I have two clones that I might mod.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 16/01/2021 3:53 pm
padigree
(@padigree)
Trusted Member

Draft

I've had some time today to make it look a bit more like it's big brother haha. It's just a draft atm, have definetly to make some more editing to the x axis, all other parts are modded now to fit original mini hardware. So except the extrusion kit you would need a second Z motor. Everything else will fit. Used the 10mm z extrusions, so you'll gain some height. Either I'll buy a China buddy to remove the appendix or I'll make a whole new Klipper based firmware with an skr. Have to order the extrusions soon, also the motor, carriage and heatbed - so I'll give it a try to build a second "mini". I'll definetly stay with my genuine one. Replaced the rods with misumi a few days ago.

Posted : 16/01/2021 7:43 pm
Alen liked
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

@padigree

nice one Padigree, but still i dont know why you need to modify when i posted the entire project modified already in the prusa parts?

and in the project the z axis is reversed because an easier cable managment, it prints exactly as an prusa mk3s+, at least the 10 modified minis we have up and runing 24/24 7/7

Posted : 11/02/2021 3:37 pm
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

for those interested the project is here:

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/37939-prusa-bear-mk3s-mini-ultra-upgraded

and here for the fusion entire project:

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/36473-prusa-mini-mk3s-smokistyle-upgrade-bear

Posted : 11/02/2021 3:40 pm
Javacer
(@javacer)
Eminent Member

@3dpgva

Hello! 

How you connect two z-axis motor in motherboard? 

I undestud, firmware src have multi z-axis motor preset.

You connect in parallels in z-axis controller? Have this controller power for two step-motors?

Posted : 10/03/2021 7:02 pm
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Hi @javacer 

check here:

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/56315-dual-z-axis-for-prusa-mini-upgrade

everything is in prusaprinters or in github

Posted : 11/03/2021 11:56 pm
Tomson Design
(@tomson-design)
Trusted Member

You have done a very nice work  3DPGVA. I will follow this project closely and probably make my own. I have already ordered 2040 frameparts bec. of you :). I like my MK3s bec. of the printresult and i like my MINI+ bec. of the 32bit part and this is the perfect mix of both. I have looked a little of the BONDTECH MK3 upgrade with 3:1 ratio. It looks like the BONDTECH have a smaller radius of the gear but also smaller part of the spline area which drives the filament. I don´t mind mod the mechanical pieces but would rather save the software as original as possible. Do you or anyone know the differens. It would be perfect if we only need to change the load/unload filament time and keep the rest software stock. I`m stupid than it comes to software but worked with mechanical parts my hole life.

Keep up the good work 3DPGVA

Regards/Tomson

Posted : 13/03/2021 12:17 pm
pear3d.ch liked
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Hi @tomjansson909, we didnt change any software we use it as it is the mini software only the start GCODE and we can provide the load unload gcodes.

We are glad you like it, if you need help write us here or in the project,

Cheers

Posted : 13/03/2021 6:23 pm
Tomson Design
(@tomson-design)
Trusted Member

@3dpgva

That sounds good. Yes it one of the best mods i seen so far. I have just ordered the frame parts but not decide yet if i gonna use my Mini for the project or buy new parts for it. Do you have any experience of Igus drylin® R linear slide bearing RJUM-01. I will probably build the frame with new linear bearings on the side and with the mod parts regardless. I don´t want to be without the Mini to long and i don´t want to rush the project. I guess it is a good excuse to get one more printer 🙂 '

Cheers

Posted : 13/03/2021 7:04 pm
pear3d.ch
(@pear3d-ch)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Hi @tomson never had a good experience with the dryline myself i like more the traditional linear rails with ball bearings.

Yeah you can order the parts from prusa as well or find something in internet.

Better to have 2 minis 😉

Cheers

Posted : 15/03/2021 9:51 pm
Page 1 / 21
Share: