PC4 M8x1.25 Bowden Pneumatic Connectors  

Page 4 / 6
  RSS
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member
RE: PC4 M8x1.25 Bowden Pneumatic Connectors
Posted by: @timw-2

Just a heads up for anyone ordering the PC4-M8x1.25 connectors from AliExpress store DuoWeiSi mentioned earlier ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32967678995.html) : I received 20 of them today and the bore in the middle part is less than 4mm on all of them, it varies between 2.5mm and 3mm. It's nothing that a few minutes with a Dremel type tool won't fix but it's a bit annoying!

The two on the left I drilled/filed out, the three on the right are as they were.

Oh, and hello everyone! First post 🙂

Mine finally arrived today, shipping was super slow.. approx 11 weeks from Order.. but at least I got them... I also bought 20 from this store.. and none needed drilling.. 

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 09/02/2021 4:29 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@steve-smith

Cheap, a pig in a poke and often extremely long delivery times. But sometimes you are also in luck. I also shopped there and had to rework as well.

PC4_M8x1.25

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 09/02/2021 5:38 pm
morp
 morp
(@morp)

Can someone just confirm they're using these successfully with the stock Mini hotend?  I've tried replacing all three bowden tubes with one continuous piece using PC4 connectors and I can't print anything without a jam in the heatbreak:

I'm not sure what's going on, the tube must be pulling out a few mm though it doesn't seem like it has any slop in it...

Posted : 17/02/2021 4:47 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@tex

You probably got a bad PC4 connector. Some have too insufficient grip to hold the PTFE tube in place. The PTFE is pushed back by the extruder feed and this causes a gap, which is also shown by your filament tip.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 17/02/2021 9:03 am
TimW
 TimW
(@timw-2)

@tex

I had the same issue, I took the Prusa approach and cut a piece of tube to go between the PC4 connector and the hot end which seems to be ok. I'm not sure there's much advantage with it like this though so I'll probably put it back to stock.

Posted : 17/02/2021 9:39 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@tex

I am.  I had to replace the clip to ensure it locked in place.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/02/2021 11:38 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@karl-herbert

My guess also.  I had to replace the clip one and the PC4 the other.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/02/2021 11:38 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

Of course, I can only speak from my E3D V6 installation with PTFE throughout. The PTFE does not shift a millimeter. The important thing, as chuck mentioned, is that a suitable locking clip is mounted on the heatsink head.

Posted : 17/02/2021 6:47 pm
Urshurak776
(@urshurak776)
Trusted Member
Just received order

Hi all, I know this thread is a little old (Zombie...) but I just ordered from 3 different sellers on Ali-Express including from the links in this thread.  Every one of them has to be drilled out to allow the PTFE to pass through.  Not a big deal, but just wanted to pass along the PSA.

Posted : 24/08/2021 7:23 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Just received order

That's right. The push through variants are hardly available. I have a set of 10 PC4/M8x1.25 on reserve (all are drilled out to 4.1mm). Likewise, I have also drilled out M6x1 (for another printer) variants.

wbr,

Karl

Posted : 24/08/2021 8:17 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member

Yeah, I've never seen the push-through variety myself. I never bothered to drill them out. Works great with the small pieces inside the hotend and extruder, so I don't see any reason to fix what ain't broken. Still beats the olive style Bowden tube. 

Posted : 24/08/2021 9:37 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Drilled

I drilled one out on my drill press and was able to get success.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 25/08/2021 12:04 am
Urshurak776
(@urshurak776)
Trusted Member
RE: Drilled

I wasn’t sure how to proceed at first.  I have a metal hand reamer but not sure if that would work.  So, I have a thin step bit and the second “step” is 4MM. I held the fitting with a wrench and pushed against the table and very slowly spun the drill.  Only took a couple seconds and it was done.  Cleaned it out real good and the PTFE slips right through.  Locks in place nicely too.  Pretty easy. 

Posted : 25/08/2021 12:09 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
drill

I used 0.5mm bit increase at a time on my drill press.  

Posted by: @urshurak776

I wasn’t sure how to proceed at first.  I have a metal hand reamer but not sure if that would work.  So, I have a thin step bit and the second “step” is 4MM. I held the fitting with a wrench and pushed against the table and very slowly spun the drill.  Only took a couple seconds and it was done.  Cleaned it out real good and the PTFE slips right through.  Locks in place nicely too.  Pretty easy. 

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 25/08/2021 12:15 am
Urshurak776
(@urshurak776)
Trusted Member
Drill Press

Posted by: @cwbullet

I used 0.5mm bit increase at a time on my drill press.  

Posted by: @urshurak776

I have a drill press, but need some sort of a drill bench vice to hold the fitting properly.  What did you use?

Posted : 25/08/2021 2:02 pm
BrettG
(@brettg)
Estimable Member
RE: incorrect amount

Has anyone else experienced the incorrect amount when purchasing multiple m8 coupling from Aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32967678995.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.73344c4duyR1oU

as shown in image it states lot for 10 pieces yet they only send you one, so I paid for 10 lots and received 10 single items.

twice in a row on there when ordering multiple items they've sent the incorrect amount. I had to open a dispute when I ordered 8 usb extensions for my mini's and only received one.

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by BrettG
Posted : 15/09/2021 6:37 am
BrettG
(@brettg)
Estimable Member
RE: fixture

ended up opening up the thru hole using a Endmill at work on the cnc 

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by BrettG
Posted : 15/09/2021 8:21 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Errors.

I have had a couple errors.  They always make it right.  

Posted by: @brettg

Has anyone else experienced the incorrect amount when purchasing multiple m8 coupling from Aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32967678995.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.73344c4duyR1oU

as shown in image it states lot for 10 pieces yet they only send you one, so I paid for 10 lots and received 10 single items.

twice in a row on there when ordering multiple items they've sent the incorrect amount. I had to open a dispute when I ordered 8 usb extensions for my mini's and only received one.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/09/2021 10:03 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: fixture

@brettg

A CNC machine is, of course, a luxury in terms of making the through hole. I did this with my cordless screwdriver, a 3.8 HSS drill bit and a (4 H9) machine reamer. Works quite well if you work carefully. In addition, I also reworked M6 variants like this.

wbr,

Karl

Posted : 15/09/2021 3:16 pm
BrettG
(@brettg)
Estimable Member
agree

Posted by: @karl-herbert

@brettg

A CNC machine is, of course, a luxury in terms of making the through hole. I did this with my cordless screwdriver, a 3.8 HSS drill bit and a (4 H9) machine reamer. Works quite well if you work carefully. In addition, I also reworked M6 variants like this.

wbr,

Karl

Very true Karl , we use what we have available 🙂  , Having a few to do I didnt fancy using a drill incase I went to far into the gripper teeth.

Posted : 15/09/2021 3:32 pm
Page 4 / 6
Share: