Notifications
Clear all

Anyone have a Simplify 3d profile yet for Prusa Mini?  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
pidra
(@pidra)
Eminent Member
RE: Anyone have a Simplify 3d profile yet for Prusa Mini?
Supported printers:
Original Prusa i3 MK3S and MK3
Original Prusa i3 MK2.5S, MK2.5 and MK2S

not for mini
Posted : 01/08/2020 6:11 pm
PGe
 PGe
(@pge)

it is not true what you write, because in the zip file is the profile of Orginal Prusa MINI

Posted : 02/08/2020 7:24 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

during development prusa used the Mk3 profile for the Mini. 

so try the Mk3 s3D profile, it might work! 

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 02/08/2020 2:28 pm
Greg's Maker Corner
(@gregs-maker-corner)
Topic starter answered:

For anyone still looking for a profile, I posted a zip file on page 1 that has a simplify 3D profile and have been using it for about 4-5 months without issue. 

Posted : 02/08/2020 2:47 pm
PGe
 PGe
(@pge)

............Or you can use "official set of settings from Prusa Research for Simplify3D (S3D)" which I shared a link to on page 1

https://prusa3d.com/downloads/Cura_S3D/S3D_OriginalPrusa_Profiles.zip

Posted : 02/08/2020 3:09 pm
pidra
(@pidra)
Eminent Member

You're right, but he wasn't there. It's new to me. (sorry, Google)

Posted : 03/08/2020 5:32 pm
Greg's Maker Corner
(@gregs-maker-corner)
Topic starter answered:

@glyre68

Looks like they recently added the Prusa mini support. Back when I created this post, it wasn't available, and I had to create my own. Based on the date stamp in the zip file it wasn't added until April, just FYI. Glad there is finally one available. It looks pretty similar in settings to the one I created. 

Posted : 03/08/2020 6:21 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

S3D - nothing new for a long time - the user is more or less left to himself 🤨 .

I made my own profiles, but unfortunately not everything works the way I want, because the functionality of the software doesn't change too much and there are some limitations (postp language).

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 03/08/2020 7:22 pm
Rat_Patrol
(@rat_patrol)
Trusted Member

I just discovered the Prusa S3D release, trying it now.

I went with my USA made PETG for a test filament on a regular Benchy. All I did do the Prusa profile was change the E steps to accommodate my Bondtech extruder.

So far, print is pretty ok. It has stringing issues and incomplete infill issues. Neither is severe, would just take some tweaking. Oh, I used the Prusament PETG material settings. 

Posted : 03/08/2020 7:53 pm
PGe
 PGe
(@pge)

@greg-h3

I have run with your profile and it has worked perfectly, it was just that I saw a FB post (can not find it now) that there is now one that Prusa3d released. I have no idea if it is better or not because your profile has never failed me

Posted : 04/08/2020 7:41 am
Bazman
(@bazman)

According to the list the Prusa Mini is supported but where is it?

Posted : 09/10/2020 6:32 pm
PGe
 PGe
(@pge)

@barry

https://prusa3d.com/downloads/Cura_S3D/S3D_OriginalPrusa_Profiles.zip

Posted : 10/10/2020 6:57 am
vighjoe
(@vighjoe)

@gregs-maker-corner

Hello!

Can you help me please?
I need  Tronxy X5sa pro simplify3d profiles .FFF
Can you export from your simplify3d printer software database? 
Thanx

Bye:Joe

Posted : 05/01/2021 9:54 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

@vighjoe

try 
https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/cura-simplify3d-kisslicer/simplify3d-s3d-settings-for-the-original-prusa-i3-printers-4/

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 07/01/2021 1:35 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

I have a simplify license, but I now use Prusa Slicer which is free!

regards Joan

Posted : 07/01/2021 1:37 am
MichaelMilano
(@michaelmilano)

Once again, they claim it is supported but there is no profile in the software to match their claim..

Weird.

Posted : 24/06/2021 11:42 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

I'm not seeing an entry for "Prusa Research Original Prusa Mini" in my Simplify 3D install either. I'm not sure when or how the printer definitions get updated. I've checked for software updates, but haven't received on in ... years it seems.

Perhaps a Simplify 3D adherent can answer these questions:

• Do the printer definitions get updated more frequently?
  • Do the definitions get updated automatically?

I was able to create a Simplify 3D profile for my little Monoprice Cadet/Weedo Tina2 without too much trouble. You just need to translate the placeholders for temperatures in your custom gcode.

You might give ideaMaker a try as an alternate slicer. It has custom supports that are very similar to S3D's, it's free, and they update it regularly.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 24/06/2021 4:00 pm
bolsoncerrado
(@bolsoncerrado)
Estimable Member

Simplify 3d has been outdated and lacking updates since before the Mini came out... I wouldn't expect much more out of it...

You can just dl s3d profiles for the mini on your own and import them.i still use S3D over other softwares including prusaslicer but I know the time will come for me to switch sooner or later... 

Posted : 24/06/2021 8:12 pm
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member

@bolsoncerrado

"but I know the time will come for me to switch sooner or later... " It's surprisingly difficult to replace a piece of software that has proven to be reliable. I recently shitcaned VLC (like Firefox, ever new version is slightly worse) in favor of PotPlayer, the urge to backslide when faced with problem is strong.

Posted : 25/06/2021 9:06 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@bolsoncerrado

@towlerg

I like to use S3D for printing thin-walled parts, such as cases, because the results are significantly better.
With some patience and time, I was also able to create profiles for my MK3S/MMU2S.
However, the MMU2 is easier to handle with PS.

wbr,

Karl

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 25/06/2021 12:59 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: