Whats the "Windows Update" problem that Prusa keep talking about when discussing 2.3?

Notifications
Clear all

Whats the "Windows Update" problem that Prusa keep talking about when discussing 2.3?  

RSS
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member

I am just curious.. Every time Prusa talk about 2.3 in their updates, they talk about the "Microsoft Windows Update" which appears to be causing problems.. Does anyone know what this is? Is it and update that MS have put out? On Windows? Or the underlying dev tools?

Posted : 05/10/2020 11:22 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Whats the "Windows Update" problem that Prusa keep talking about when discussing 2.3?

I was curious also.   I saw that and have been looking for an answer also.  I wonder if it is Prusa’s update for Windows or a Windows OS update.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 05/10/2020 11:23 am
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Whats the "Windows Update" problem that Prusa keep talking about when discussing 2.3?
Posted by: @charles-h13

I was curious also.   I saw that and have been looking for an answer also.  I wonder if it is Prusa’s update for Windows or a Windows OS update.  

I think its got something to do with the GUI Libraries they use.. In the latest update they talk a bit longer on the subject but look totally exasperated at the situation going as far as to making a plee to MS to stop what they are doing.

It looks like this problem is making PS run like a slide show with abysmal frame rates... They went on to say that they had to add a "splash screen" to work around this, and I have seen this discussed on GitHub...  This has intrigued me even more.

I just hope they find a workaround soon, as it appears this is what is holding up the release of 2.3... Does this mean that the Alpha versions are suffering with this issue?

Posted : 05/10/2020 11:31 am
towlerg
(@towlerg)
Noble Member

So this is just a Win1o problem?

Posted : 05/10/2020 12:49 pm
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @towlerg

So this is just a Win1o problem?

Seems to be. That said its running great on Mac OSX

Posted : 05/10/2020 12:51 pm
Share: