Stuck at first layer speed (3mm's) for subseqent layers.

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
james-4
(@james-4)

Morning, I've had a unusual problem that's just started occurring this morning. I'm using volumetric print and auto speed (apart from the first layer set to 3mm/s).

1. Max 20mm3/s
  2. Vol speed 16 mm3/s
  3. 1mm nozzle, 0.8 layer height

For some reason all of a suddenly the printer is matching the initial first layer speed of 3mm/s for all subsequent layers, rather than accelerating - it is however increasing the extruder temperate correctly (but as a result its over heating the filament).

The only changes I've done (since the previous successful prints) is to turn on gap fill which I've mistakenly turned off prior and increase the speed from 15 mm3/s, V. speed 12.5 mm3/s to the above. No other config changes.

I'm stuck in the middle of a print, I had already previously stopped and restarted after exporting again and re-checking the settings.

Any suggestions what might be going on? before I spend hours trying to test each bit.

Thanks, James

Duet 2 wifi, PursaSlicer 2.1.0

This topic was modified 4 years ago by james-4
Posted : 14/01/2020 11:54 am
james-4
(@james-4)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Stuck at first layer speed (3mm's) for subseqent layers.

Right after more fiddling turns out its caused by gap fill being turned on. I've set it to the default 20, if I disable it again then there are no problems. I can only presume this is a bug?

Posted : 14/01/2020 1:06 pm
Share: