Notifications
Clear all

STL import  

RSS
JK Proto
(@jk-proto)
STL import

I have been using prusa slicer for a while now and im really happy with it. I have started to use my laptop for slicing and other 3d printing related stuff and have this small issue with the slicer and importing STL files. I usually open up my stl folder and fire up PrusaSlicer at the same time and then drag the files from the folder into the slicer. This means I have to have both windows open on a small laptop screen and drag files around, I know its not the only way you can import files to Slicer.

Im wondering if its possible to implement ctrl+c, ctrl+v to work with the slicer. The workflow (at least in my opinion) would be much simpler. You could just pick the file you want to print, copy it fire up the slicer and paste it.  

I don't know if this is possible from a software perspective but it would be a nice quality of life feature.

Posted : 23/10/2020 8:52 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: STL import

Just use cntl+I which is import and then select the stl file you want.  The cntl copy/paste between programs is a function of the operating system I think, I know that it works if you already have a stl/model already on the Plater but not for going from one program to another.

That actually leads to a slightly different thing, the 2.3.0 alpha allows multiple instances of the slicer to be open but it also appears to can not copy/paste between 2 instances.  I think I'll go open a github for that if there isnt one already.

Posted : 23/10/2020 9:39 am
Share: