Notifications
Clear all

Slicer, detail, ultra detail  

RSS
Rae
 Rae
(@rae)
Slicer, detail, ultra detail

As a Printing nube , mini out of the box, achieved nice cal, and majority of my prints look awesome. However when I set the high detail, using slicer defaults, my yielded prints are coarse and nasty, opposite of what I expect. Are these detail settings requiring a nozzle change. Under Pinter settings it’s defaulting to 4mm. 

Just trying to understand how to up the finish quality on select parts. If it’s a nozzle change that’s fine, but out of the box I was expecting prusa slicer, when selecting higher detail for the mini,  to automatically set the defaults.

A little direction or clarification, is appreciated, thank you.

Posted : 21/03/2021 1:45 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member
RE: Slicer, detail, ultra detail

The print settings you see in the pull down menu are specific to your selected printer profile so wouldn’t require a nozzle change. However, in my experience there’s no measurable improvements going below 0.1mm nozzle height. At that point I’d switch to a 0.25 mm nozzle for more detail (and exponentially longer print time).
Now why you would see the quality go down with stock profiles, I don’t know. Not something I noted, perhaps if you zipped and uploaded the project 3mf file, folks could take a look in case there was some inadvertent change to the profile. 

Posted : 21/03/2021 5:53 pm
Rae
 Rae
(@rae)
Topic starter answered:

Thank you, burning another print if it does not take I’ll push the 3mf file up to the forum.

Appreciate it.

Posted : 22/03/2021 2:39 am
Robin
(@robin-2)
Trusted Member

Did you ever find out the problem with this?  I am also trying to print with 0.05 (new to 3d printing and experimenting) and finding my finishes are rough in sections.  I did not have similar results with 0.10.

Posted : 12/01/2022 3:26 am
Share: