Notifications
Clear all

PVA with 0.20mm SOLUABLE INTERFACE MK3  

RSS
prus-19
(@prus-19)
PVA with 0.20mm SOLUABLE INTERFACE MK3

Hi,

I use the PrimaSelect PVA+, collecting my first experiences working with it. First I tried the default "0.20mm SOLUABLE INTERFACE MK3" settings, and honestly these do not seem to be the smartest. I have to support a rectangular area, imagine it like a very long/wide box with only 2mm height that you need to print upside down ( there is other stuff on the bottom of the box that would be more complicated to support ). So I have like a 10x10x0.2cm area I need to support. Default settings where Rectilinear support pattern with 3 interface layers. That worked terribly bad, Rectilinear support would in its top layer be for example only horizontal supports, and then it tries to print with PVA a growing rectangle on it....then of course many vertical PVA lines would literally hang in the air for many centimeters. Now I switched to Honeycomb, and that works much better. But still, interface layer is printed in a growing rectangle, and that creates stress points in the corners rectangle, where quite regularly the corner is in free air over a honeycomb. And to make it worse, interfacing strategy seems to be to then print 3 times exactly the same pattern on top of each other...yeah the 3rd layer didn't look too bad, I may be able to print smoothly on it ( still running as I write ). But that doesn't seem to be the smartest interfacing strategy...I think much better would be to print a perimeter of 2-3 loops first, and then fill the support area with diagonal patterns, +45 degree on first layer, -45 degree on second layer, +45 degree on third layer. What are your thoughts? Any existing settings I can try to tune?

Attachment removed
Posted : 10/09/2019 9:59 am
prus-19
(@prus-19)
Topic starter answered:
RE: PVA with 0.20mm SOLUABLE INTERFACE MK3

Setting Interface Pattern Spacing to 0 mm slightly improves the result. Still I think what is missing is

- An option to print the last support layer before the interface already with soluable material. For example if support pattern is Honeycomb, to print 1 layer of Honeycomb with soluable on top. The stickiness between PLA and PVA seems limited, a 100% matching pattern there should help.

- An option to select the interfacing pattern. The "Rectangular Spiral" default pattern isn't the best for this, other patterns should create a much more reliable print on top of the support layer.

Posted : 11/09/2019 7:54 am
Share: