Pursaslicer Scale wrong  

  RSS
Derek
(@derek-3)
Active Member

All of my models appear to be importing into Prusaslicer with incorrect scaling. All parts appear to be half the size they are supposed to be. The size values appear to be correct on the slicers coordinate system, but when I print the part it is not the values that the slicer says it is. I modeled the parts in Solidworks and saved them as .stl files. I checked the .stl files and verified they are the correct size, so something is being altered by the slicer. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Posted : 21/04/2021 2:17 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Famed Member

We need more information.  The best way to debug issues like this is for you to save your problematic project (File>Save Project As) which will save a 3mf file.  Take that 3mf file and zip it into an archive and attach that archive to a post here.

With the 3mf we can see all the settings you are using to slice with and if needed we can also export the stl file.  Although bundling your original stl file into the archive would also be useful.

btw stl files don't really have a scale, they are just coordinates.  Its why models created in inches are scaled weirdly when loaded into software that expects mm.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Neophyl
Posted : 21/04/2021 7:42 am
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Honorable Member

@derek-3

Most likely an inch to mm conversion issue. Make sure your design software and Prusaslicer are set to use the same system, imperial or metric.

 

Posted : 21/04/2021 12:07 pm
Derek
(@derek-3)
Active Member

@neophyl

I have attached my project file and a .stl file.

project

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Derek
Posted : 21/04/2021 12:28 pm
Derek
(@derek-3)
Active Member

@fuchsr

It also does not to be a in to mm problem as the parts are printing exactly half the size they are supposed to. If it was a conversion issue I would assume it would need to be scaled up 2540% but I only have to set the scale to 200% to get the correct size.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Derek
Posted : 21/04/2021 12:32 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Famed Member

@derek-3

Can I just confirm that your acorn style nut cap is supposed to be 7.239mm high and 7.617mm across at its widest point ?, also that its being printed at 3.6mm high when you try and print it ?  Is it just the height that is halved or is it also smaller on the x/y too ?

Is your mini stock and are you printing from the USB stick or via something like octoprint ?  Just trying to get an idea of your setup.  As the sliced output gcode matches the loaded in sizes I am seeing for your objects, which match the size of the stl you bundled when checked with an independent stl viewer (2 actually as Blender also matches the 7.62x7.24 size).  Well close enough anyway as the sliced height is 7.1mm which is the closest slicer can come with the layer height selected.

Posted : 21/04/2021 1:22 pm
Derek
(@derek-3)
Active Member

@neophyl

Yes you are correct that the height should be 7.239mm and the Width at 7.617mm All dimensions ( x, y, and z axis) are printing at 50% (3.6x3.8) of their intended sizes. I have a stock Prusa Mini that I just flashed to the latest firmware before I had these issues. I am printing from a usb stick. I’m really at a loss for what could be causing this.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Derek
Posted : 21/04/2021 5:36 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Famed Member

Well I don't think its the the gcode output so I'd check the printer.

I suppose if the steps per mm has gotten messed up its possible that it could cause that.  Possibly. 

I don't have a mini myself but if anything like that happened on my mk3 or cr10 I would start by homing from the printers controls.  Then I would use the lcd to manually command the extruder to move in x by 10mm, measure the distance and check it actually moved 10mm, then do the same for Y axis and then Z.
If it does move that far under lcd command then the steps per mm are likely to be correct.  I'd then probably try a factory reset and full calibration just like you do with a new printer.  If that didn't work I'd then roll back the firmware, do the calibration again and see what I get. 

If none of that worked then I'd probably place a 10mm cube using PS add part>cube (that takes any design software out of the loop and confines it to PS) and slice it to get the gcode, print it to confirm that its printing as a 5mm cube and then see if I could find someone else with a mini that would be willing to print the gcode I generated.  That would 100% rule out the gcode and anything from the slicer and put it down to the printer if a second printer printed it full size.  It would certainly be the printer at that point and then I'd then open an issue on the Prusa Buddy firmware github and see if the devs have any ideas.

Posted : 21/04/2021 7:26 pm
Derek
(@derek-3)
Active Member

@neophyl

I’m just gonna try rolling back the firmware to the last one I had downloaded. I tried everything else and nothing appears to be off. If that doesn’t do it I guess I’ll just have to live with it and double all my parts size

Posted : 21/04/2021 8:17 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Honorable Member

I took your 3mf and printed it as is on my Mini. The model came out in exactly the correct dimensions.

I'm running the latest firmware. So I'd be surprised if rolling back would help but I've seen stranger things. 

Maybe as neophyl suggested it's a matter of esteps being messed up. So maybe resetting the printer may in fact help

But at this point I think we can exclude anything related to the slicer or the gcode.

 

Posted : 21/04/2021 8:24 pm
Share:

Please Login or Register