PrusaSlicer causes minor layer shifts on mk3s
My prints on mk3s are mostly successful, but there are always a few layers here and there having minor shifts, and this problem has been creating tiny horizontal groves on vertical surfaces of almost all my prints. It has persisted since before the 2.0 version. Although it is just a minor aesthetic issue for my projects, I really hope to fix it.
I checked in the slicer's layer view and did not see any problems. Originally I thought the problem was caused by belt tension issues on x and y axes based on Prusa's knowledge base, so I adjusted the belt tensions as advised. But the problem did not seem to go away. I also try to constantly clean the shafts and apply greases, but it did not solve the problem either. Recently, I downloaded the Cura 4.3 and loaded the Prusa mk3s printer profile. I sliced the same part with both slicers under default settings and printed them. I was surprised to find out that the Cura sliced part has not such "layer shift" artifacts.
At this point, I am convinced that the problem has to do with the Prusa Slicer, not the mk3s printer. Hopefully, someone in the development team could see this.
The following are photos of my test prints:
Have you reported this on github? More likely for a dev to see this report. See: https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues
PrusaPrinters - https://www.prusaprinters.org/social/1448-sembazuru/prints
Thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/Sembazuru/designs...
Can you zip and upload your project 3MF file. It would help if we could examine your settings and view the model.
Here are the stl and 3mf files I used to test mk3s and end up getting those random the layer shifts.
It seems like someone in April 2019 already reported the same issue here https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues/2070 , and I reported my case under the same issue. But it seems the issue was not able to catch prusa team's attention.
I have had a similar issue on one long print - not a layer shift, but a complete layer not printed and it shows as its on sloping surface. Looking at the gcode in S3d it doesn't appear the slicer missed outputting it, the printer simply skipped it! No crashes showing either.