Clear all

PrusaSlicer 2.2.0 - FINAL  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member
RE: PrusaSlicer 2.2.0 - FINAL

There is no doubt its a nice feature, but Prusa have stated that its just a proof of concept.. Its not something easy to impliment and the results vary.. To the point that it has no practical use..

Have a look at one of their recent videos.. They address this as a Q&A near the end.. The put an offer out to anyone to show a practical use for the feature and then they will consider it. But for now, they just think that its a fancy demo...

So if anyone can demonstrate a practical use for this, get in touch with them...

Posted : 14/10/2020 2:04 pm
BernieC
(@berniec)
Trusted Member

I can't download it:  I went to the download site and it tells me that the windows version is 2_2_9_1.  But when I try to download it I get a windows error that "the source file could not be read".  What am I doing wrong?

Posted : 31/10/2020 8:08 pm
NGL
 NGL
(@ngl)

I have an issue. Support "layer" inside of printing object. I tried support blocker, but support doesnt vanished totally.

Here is some foto.

thx for respond

Posted : 31/12/2020 5:27 pm
Roberts_Clif
(@roberts_clif)
Eminent Member

Looking for Help!!!

I am helping a user with an older Prusa i3 get This slicer working on their 3D Printer could some please help us.

There Post below.

" I downloaded the PrusaSlicer but the configuration wizard doesn't offer a configuration for the Mk I. Mk 2 and after are supported."

Electronics Technician / Computer Programmer

Posted : 04/01/2021 3:57 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @roberts_clif

" I downloaded the PrusaSlicer but the configuration wizard doesn't offer a configuration for the Mk I. Mk 2 and after are supported."

See if you can contact Joan here on the forums. She seems to have Prusa printers from before most of us knew they existed. I believe you can just tweak the slicer settings slightly for the Mk1, but it was be good for her to verify.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 04/01/2021 5:54 pm
Roberts_Clif
(@roberts_clif)
Eminent Member

Thank You

Electronics Technician / Computer Programmer

Posted : 04/01/2021 8:14 pm
Iamcubsman
(@iamcubsman)

Any chance presets for .08 mm nozzles or larger get added to an upcoming release? I only ask as the PVA article advocates .08mm nozzle and spiral vase mode in order to maximize the aesthetic for the filament.

I've created my own but I like to compare notes with those that pursue this on a far more technical and scientific level and have more data to support their findings than my occasional call to large nozzle arms.

Thanks!

Posted : 08/01/2021 4:37 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Do you use PVA for Spiral vases? 

Guess they are not waterproof...  Lol

I print Spiral Vase with a 0.4mm nozzle and 0.8 extrusion width...     I have managed up to 1.2mm extrusion width, with a slightly worn 0.4mm nozzle

I printed a couple of these guy's nearly full  volume on the Mk3, and installed Addressable LED Strings inside to illuminate them. 
1.2mm allowed the shallow angles at the top to succeed... 
regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 08/01/2021 4:51 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @iamcubsman

Any chance presets for .08 mm nozzles or larger get added to an upcoming release? I only ask as the PVA article advocates .08mm nozzle and spiral vase mode in order to maximize the aesthetic for the filament.

The latest profile updates for PrusaSlicer include 0.8mm nozzle profiles for the Mini and Mk2/3 printers.

I've created my own but I like to compare notes with those that pursue this on a far more technical and scientific level and have more data to support their findings than my occasional call to large nozzle arms.

I've dumped all my notes on nozzles here and sample PrusaSlicer profiles including a variety of nozzle sizes here.

He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 08/01/2021 5:05 pm
Iamcubsman
(@iamcubsman)

@bobstro

That's awesome, Bob! I haven't been prompted to update, yet. I didn't know they were available. I'll go through your notes, too. I do a lot of bulky prints that would benefit from better settings.

Thanks!

Posted : 08/01/2021 9:22 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

@iamcubsman

I have just looked in prusa slicer 2.3.0 RC2 and yes 0.8mm nozzles are there for all but the Mk2/s printers

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 08/01/2021 9:54 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @iamcubsman

[...] That's awesome, Bob! I haven't been prompted to update, yet. I didn't know they were available. I'll go through your notes, too. I do a lot of bulky prints that would benefit from better settings.

If you're in "quantity over quality" mode, I've got some notes here that might be useful.

Posted : 08/01/2021 9:56 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: