Clear all

PrusaSlicer 2.2.0 - FINAL  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
Vojtěch Bubník
(@vojtech-bubnik)
Member Admin
RE: PrusaSlicer 2.2.0 - FINAL

> Error regardless the position, PrusaSlicer keeps telling that they are too tall and the extruder will collide. No! Because if first prints the front one, will not hit it when printing the one in the back

PrusaSlicer calculates with a very simple extruder model. The extruder is modeled by a cylinder and the height of the X gantry limits maximum height of all but the last object printed. You may lift up the extruder clearance height parameter, but then you have to make sure yourself that the X gantry does not collide.

> Note: Ctrl+E brings the Save Configuration dialog: https://imgur.com/a/WtwJcM1

Sorry, it is just E. Go to view menu->last item in the menu.

Posted : 08/04/2020 7:54 pm
jgreenberg
(@jgreenberg)

PrusaSlicer used to have a lot of listed brands for different filament used for each profile under "Filament Settings>Notes". After the update, these are all blank for me. Would be nice to see all these notes added back in as they were helpful.

Posted : 09/04/2020 3:40 pm
davidhajjar
(@davidhajjar)
Posted by: @bubnikv

> Error regardless the position, PrusaSlicer keeps telling that they are too tall and the extruder will collide. No! Because if first prints the front one, will not hit it when printing the one in the back

PrusaSlicer calculates with a very simple extruder model. The extruder is modeled by a cylinder and the height of the X gantry limits maximum height of all but the last object printed. You may lift up the extruder clearance height parameter, but then you have to make sure yourself that the X gantry does not collide.

> Note: Ctrl+E brings the Save Configuration dialog: https://imgur.com/a/WtwJcM1

Sorry, it is just E. Go to view menu->last item in the menu.

Eureka! Today I did not try the example model, but with another figures. The problem is the extruder clearance (extruder piece radius and X bars height), despite the listing order. You can put low levels of radius and high levels of height, and the alarm goes off. BUT BE CAREFUL: you must check "manually" the heights and the distances to the parts to see if there will be a COLLISION. Be sure about that, even if you have to draw the parts on a paper and chek over the printer surface.

Posted : 10/04/2020 11:11 am
Perfessor101
(@perfessor101)

Hello,

I created a model in Fusion 360 with lots of intersections x type and * types ...

I'm using PETG and have my flow down to 93% (0.93) printing at 245C and 8 cubic milimeters per second maximum. (or under 60 mm/s)

I need some gap fill but it seems that in each pass over the intersection from each direction it's trying to gap fill again x intersections have a small extra dollop of material above and the * intersections have a large dollop of extra material.

Is there anyway to tweak or adjust the gap fill percentage to minimize this?

Currently I'm using wire cutters to reduce the buildup.  If I go lower than 93% flow the lines beside each other loose adherence to the one next (vertically the adherence is good)

It only seems to happen in intersections with four or more lines intersecting.

Thanks for your time,

Bobby

Posted : 06/06/2020 1:09 am
hussainsail2002
(@hussainsail2002)

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any official documentation of the system requirements that are needed. In terms of software and hardware.

Thanks,

Hussain

Posted : 30/06/2020 4:56 am
made_for_making
(@made_for_making)

Maybe this has been asked before, but would there be a possibility when in the sliced window another scroll section is added to see the layer progress (as seen with the gcode viewer on octoprint)? Or even a simulate mode?

Hope this is the place to share this idea, If not please show me where! 

Posted : 20/07/2020 10:29 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @bobby-shuler

[...] I need some gap fill but it seems that in each pass over the intersection from each direction it's trying to gap fill again x intersections have a small extra dollop of material above and the * intersections have a large dollop of extra material.

Is this in infill? If so, try another infill pattern that doesn't cross lines.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 21/07/2020 1:48 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @made_for_making

Maybe this has been asked before, but would there be a possibility when in the sliced window another scroll section is added to see the layer progress (as seen with the gcode viewer on octoprint)? Or even a simulate mode? 

That was actually a feature in Slic3r on which PrusaSlicer is based. Team Prusa removed the feature, unfortunately. 

He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 21/07/2020 1:49 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

I think I saw the layer preview option in the demo for the 2.3.0 alpha.  So I think it will be in the next release.

Posted : 21/07/2020 6:33 am
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @made_for_making

Hope this is the place to share this idea, If not please show me where! 

As stated above its coming in 2.3.0.. Have a look at this for an overview of the new features.

Posted : 21/07/2020 8:58 am
DRKMSTR
(@drkmstr)
Trusted Member

This release is significantly out of date, the broken support generation has been fixed but not released.

Please release 2.2.1!

Posted : 05/10/2020 6:10 pm
blibenson liked
blibenson
(@blibenson)

Hey drkmstr. I hope you are correct but I could not find anything in the github issues stating that the broken support generation angel has been fixed? Given how long it has been broken, I just got the impression Prusa has no intentions of fixing it?

Posted : 05/10/2020 6:42 pm
Steve123
(@steve123)
Eminent Member

Hello,

Version 2.2.0 has not been updated in quite some time yet there have been a large number of commits to the master branch to fix bugs since its release:

lukasmatena released this on Mar 21 · 1387 commits to master since this release

When can we expect to see another release (update) to the PrusaSlicer?

Posted : 13/10/2020 2:53 pm
Vojtěch Bubník
(@vojtech-bubnik)
Member Admin

PrusaSlicer 2.3.0-alpha1 is to be released soon, hopefully this week if we are lucky. If not, then the next week.

Posted : 13/10/2020 3:47 pm
bobstro liked
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @bubnikv

PrusaSlicer 2.3.0-alpha1 is to be released soon, hopefully this week if we are lucky. If not, then the next week.

Looking forward to it. Sounds like this one got complicated.

Posted : 13/10/2020 3:53 pm
Vojtěch Bubník
(@vojtech-bubnik)
Member Admin

> Looking forward to it. Sounds like this one got complicated.

No build was easy. Now as our team grows, the more cooks, the more complicated are the releases, but also the more features we are bringing.

Posted : 13/10/2020 4:12 pm
DRKMSTR
(@drkmstr)
Trusted Member

@bubnikv

Any chance we'll get non planar slicing? 

Posted : 14/10/2020 3:03 am
jweaver
(@jweaver)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @drkmstr

@bubnikv

Any chance we'll get non planar slicing? 

Not a chance. Its not even on Prusas radar as they have no intention of bringing this feature.

in one of Prusas recent vidoes, during the Q&A thry discussed thi and whilst Joseph thinks its cool he does not believe there are any real world applications for this. And he set a challenge for the community to convince him it was worth the effort.. as far as i know,  no examples were given so the discussion is over

Posted : 14/10/2020 7:07 am
DRKMSTR
(@drkmstr)
Trusted Member

@jweaver

That's frustrating as it would benefit a lot of my projects and open up some new ways to design parts in regards to layer adhesion. 

Posted : 14/10/2020 12:10 pm
Steve123
(@steve123)
Eminent Member

That video shows some nice printing results.  This is another reason Prusa needs to consider using a turret to support the print head.  A turret would be able to change the angle of the print head in one polar dimension.  A turret would also eliminate the need for the MMU since multiple print heads could be placed around the perimeter of the turret and each print head would have its own material.  This would enable much more productive multi material prints.

Posted : 14/10/2020 1:56 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: