Notifications
Clear all

Prusa Slicer Suddennly Hanging  

RSS
AndyInSwindon
(@andyinswindon)
Trusted Member
Prusa Slicer Suddennly Hanging

I have been happily using PrusaSlicer for some months, always kept it updated, but suddenly today, whenever it tries to export a gcode file, it hangs up.  Is anyone else seeing this?  I'm not doing anything differently, the files aren't huge, it does it for both Mk3S and SL1 slices, and I have tried a fresh reinstall.  Frustrating as I have jobs backing up as I am unable to slice.

Posted : 14/02/2020 3:32 pm
AndyInSwindon
(@andyinswindon)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: Prusa Slicer Suddennly Hanging

Ok, not sure if this is connected, but there was a major Windows update hanging around in the background.  I uninstalled PrusaSlicer again, did a disk cleanu, performed the Windows update, and reinstalled PrusaSlicer - all seems to be working correctly again now.

Posted : 14/02/2020 7:15 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

I’m guessing you are running Windows 10. I swear it’s the worse version yet for glitchy problems. 

Posted : 14/02/2020 7:56 pm
AndyInSwindon
(@andyinswindon)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

@neophyl

Maybe I can blame it for my typos 🙂  I am running Win10, to be honest I'm generally very happy with it, and I have it running with stability (64 bit), but the PrusaSlicer issue today was baffling.

Posted : 15/02/2020 12:21 am
Area51
(@area51)

MS Office for Windows has the same problem as you experience with PrusaSlicer - if an update is pending I often get wired MS Office behavior until the update is installed and Windows restarted. I think it has to do with the Window update system and not the affected application.

Have a look at my models on Printables.com 😉

Posted : 15/02/2020 2:43 am
hotseflotsen
(@hotseflotsen)

Try setting the resolution to 0.1 mm or 0.2 mm:

- Enable expert mode

- Printer settings -> Advanced -> resolution -> set to 0.1 mm or 0.2 mm

Posted : 22/03/2020 5:17 pm
Share: