Notifications
Clear all

Prusa Slicer 2.3.0 and modifiers  

RSS
Bern
 Bern
(@bern)
Prusa Slicer 2.3.0 and modifiers

I am using a cylinder modifier with no bottom/top layers and 3 perimeters to cut a hole in the bottom of a figure.

However I am unable to scale the modifier to an exact value by typing the value in the Size fields. Every time I type a value into the Z fiels the other two (X&Y) change to some random other value. I am able to size the cylinder using the Arrows and mouse but that is not accurate.

Size Field: For instance If I want to make the Z value = 3mm, and type that in, the X and Y immediately change to 55 and Z changes to 3.26

If I change the Z back to 2.62 X and Y now become 55. And if I change the Z to 3 again, Z instead becomes 3.28  and X and Y  jump to 86.44

Typing in any of these fields forces the others to change to some other random value. The ONLY way to actually resize these modifiers is to manually change them using the mouse and arrow keys.

I would consider this a bug!! Please fix in the next version so that typing into these fields changes just the field typed into and not all the others in some random way.

Posted : 09/04/2021 7:45 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: Prusa Slicer 2.3.0 and modifiers

Looks like you have the scale lock activated (it is by default).  Change one value and the other change proportionally. 

If you click the orange padlock icon it changes to grey unlocked and you can then freely scale any axis on its own.

Edit - sorry looked again and I see you have already.  MMm not sure now.

Can you save your project file (File > Save project as) and zip up and attach the 3mf here.

Posted : 09/04/2021 9:41 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

Did you happen to have already rotated the main object ?  If so you might want to read this github issue https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues/5788   there are also others already open on github. 

Basically at the moment you have to place your modifiers before manipulating the object or you get the unpredictable results (its changing things by the already applied values on the main object).

Btw if you find issues they need to be reported over on github.  This is a user to user forum, the devs rarely come here.  Issues created on github are tracked and given a number and potentially make it on the roadmap to be fixed or implemented.  

Posted : 09/04/2021 9:58 am
Bern
 Bern
(@bern)
Topic starter answered:

Actually I added the model, then SCALED it and then added the modifier, then tried to size that using the fields provided as I wanted a precise size.

@Neophyl I know about the lock and it is OPEN:)

I will see about github. Funnily enough I am able to use the Arrows to resize the modifier but to get precise measurements I need to enter values and then the sizes go haywire.

Posted : 16/04/2021 5:01 pm
Share: