PrettyPLA and PrettyPETG filament profiles cause problems with PrusaSlicer
If I use PrettyPLA ( https://prusaslicerprofiles.com/download/pretty-pla-v4-0/) or PrettyPETG ( https://prusaslicerprofiles.com/download/pretty-petg-v3/) i notice very strange behavior of PrusaSlicer 2.2.0.
- I can run slicing only once. I have to change to other profile and then back to be able to rerun slicing.
- After slicing, there is no info about weight of filament used (and some other info like calculated cost). Filament length is calculated.
- I cannot set supports, brim or infill. I can edit options but it has no effect. I cannot even rerun slicing after changing these options.
- I cannot see and edit custom gcode for the profile. If I open profile in plain editor, gcode is there.
I cannot tell if it is faulty profile issue or PrusaSlices has problem handling it. Nevertheless, PrusaSlices should warn that there is some problem, not just silently go nuts.
Do those 3rd party profiles include filament density and cost values? That would explain some of the missing information.
I found how to set density and cost and that works now. but, that is minor issue.
I also realized when I export gcode it does not follow the same naming scheme as default profiles.
However, main issue is I cannot set supports, brim or infill at all.
I just pulled the Pretty PLA v4.0.ini file into PrusaSlicer 2.2.0+ and am not having any issues.
- Once I entered filament density and cost, those values show up after slicing.
- I can change settings and slice at will.
- I can change print settings, including support and brim at will.
Are you having other issues with your PrusaSlicer install?
Nope. This happens only with PrettyPLA and PrettyPETG profiles. I have few other profiles but all are variations on default profiles I modified myself. They wok ok.
I did not try other custom profiles from prusaslicerprofiles.com. Will try.