Notifications
Clear all

MK3 0.2mm SPEED = 200 mm/s infill?  

RSS
BRSlicer
(@brslicer)
Trusted Member
MK3 0.2mm SPEED = 200 mm/s infill?

Hi I don't play around with speeds too much, but it seems that when I use the built in "0.20mm SPEED @MK3" profile (on both 2.2 and 2.3 alpha2), my Infill and Solid Infill settings are 200mm/s.  (this is under Print Settings -> Speed -> Speed for print moves) 

Does 200 mm/s seem right?  I'm having feed problems and the problem is mostly with infill. 

If I somehow changed this setting and made it the new default, how would I get the default settings back?  I installed the alpha 2 build from scratch and I thought that would have shown original default settings.

Thank you!

Posted : 27/10/2020 5:37 am
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: MK3 0.2mm SPEED = 200 mm/s infill?

You can't change the Prusa supplied defaults. You can alter them then create a new profile with a different name. 

200mm/s is the Mk3 spec for fastest move/extrusion rate. But there are other factors that limit just how fast you can print. Material is one, temp, nozzle size & material, desired surface quality, etc. Any time you update the configuration bundle, you also get new and possibly updated factory profiles. 

Also - be aware the Alpha/Beta profiles are NOT always backwards compatible with the prior release (at least 2.3.0A2 isn't compatible with 2.2.0).

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by --
Posted : 27/10/2020 6:04 am
Area51
(@area51)

The setting Max volumetric speed (mm³/s) will properly be the limiting factor. You can find it in Filament Settings -> Advanced (Advanced mode).

Have a look at my models on Printables.com 😉

Posted : 29/10/2020 12:30 am
BRSlicer
(@brslicer)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Thank you very much, both of you.  For anyone else, the settings were correct. 

I was chasing down a red herring, looking for any reason other than hardware issues why I was having extrusion problems.  Turns out, it was hardware problems! 🙂

Posted : 30/10/2020 9:13 pm
Share: