Notifications
Clear all

M600 Color change  

RSS
TheTomasVideos
(@thetomasvideos)
M600 Color change

Hello, I need advice from a prusa slicer. Everything works well except for 1 thing and that's color chnage. When I click on the layer and add color chnage it is M600. But my printer (I don't have a prusa) says nothing. I also use octoprint where the colorchange script is M0. Could the slicer be modified to give an M0 instead of the M600? in the slicer cura you could do / change it. Any suggestions on how to do this? Or do I have to rewrite it manually? Thank you for your response.

Posted : 14/02/2020 9:11 pm
Area51
(@area51)
RE: M600 Color change

Doing color change in PrusaSlicer (PS) that change M600 to something else (M0) cannot be done directly.

If you insert color change M600 via PS, it is possible to run a post script after gcode generation to change M600 to something else, but you have to write the script yourself.

In the next PS release (current alpha) it is possible to insert your own gcode at a level in the GUI - here you can specify color change command for your printer.

Finally you can use a text editor to search and replace M600 in the generated gcode file.

Have a look at my models on Printables.com 😉

Posted : 15/02/2020 2:52 am
McFly
(@mcfly-2)

For the date of your post, the version you were talking about was 2.2.0, which was released a couple of weeks ago under final release.

I do have this version, but i dont see any way to create customo GCODE for filament change.

This would be amazing, as now my UMO+ start beeping like crazy, and dont prime. So filament change is unusable for me with the current settings.

Ability to generate custom GCODE woul be great. Can you point out where is this feature included?

Thanks!

Posted : 06/05/2020 2:44 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

Where there is the normal colour change icon on the slider (hexagon with a + in it) if you right click instead of left click you should be presented 3 options
Add Colour Change (M600)
Add Pause Print (M601)
Add Custom G-code

If you select the custom gcode option it pops up a little text entry window and you can either type your gcode into the box.  That will be inserted at the layer you select instead of the M600

Posted : 06/05/2020 4:17 pm
McFly
(@mcfly-2)

@neophyl Thanks! This will be good enough.

Although it would be even better to define your own custom filament change gcode to use, so i dont have to manually do it every time.

Maybe in a future release?

Posted : 06/05/2020 4:22 pm
jangidmanohar
(@jangidmanohar)

my printer is not pause on the located + layer, its continue running after m600 what can i do?

Posted : 18/02/2022 5:05 pm
Vojta K
(@vojta-k)
RE:

Change your firmware or use another code. I used this:

G1 X1 Y1

M104 S0

M0

M104 S[temperature zou want]

M0

G1 X1 Y1 moves the extruder to the corner

M104 sets temperature

M0 pauses print

Posted : 04/08/2022 5:29 pm
E. M.
(@e-m)

I have a Snapmaker 2.0 A350 which does not support the M600 and uses a confusing M602 instead.  Confusing is because of alerting the customer that there is a user software request for a filament change the Snapmaker goes into Filament Runout (ie hardware malfunction error) mode sending the customer into a panic.  Very poor design logic by Snapmaker.

My simple recommendation is to download and install Notepad++ which is a plain text editor like Notepad.  However, it has a record macro capability and the potential of far more.  So first of all I would create two macros: 1) change the M600 to M602 for me or whatever you require instead 2) delete the M600/602 or whatever if it is no longer needed.

Furthermore I would also recommend writing a macro to insert a module header to improve gcode management.  I am not suggesting that everyone go out and learn gcode.  But instead be able to identify the project, component, and other important information for tracking project components through your workflow cycle.  Following is my module header:

; =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= BEGIN GCODE MODULE HEADER =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

; PROJECT NAME: <project name>

; AUTHOR: <author name>

; OBJECTIVE: <objective>

; COMPONENT NAME: <component or part name>

; SLICER: <Slicer>

; SPECIAL SLICER SETTINGS: <support, filament changes, brim, etc.

; COMPONENT NOTES:

; OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES

; =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= END GCODE MODULE HEADER =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Posted : 29/07/2023 10:28 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

Instead left click on the appropriate layer for the common M600, can you right click and install your M602 custom Gcode?

might be easier than macro's 

Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 29/07/2023 10:34 pm
Share: