Notifications
Clear all

Fusion360 model to PrusaSlicer  

RSS
InfoBot vl. Boris Ignjatović
(@infobot-vl-boris-ignjatovic)
Fusion360 model to PrusaSlicer

Hi,

i need help i'm new to 3d print and i made my first box and cover model and when trying to print, print breaks down i send a test file attached so i ask someone for suggestions on how to avoid this. Thank youpoklopac_prusa.stl

Best Answer by bobstro:

That is because it is not flat on the bed. Those sections are caused by the "stairs stepping" effect on the uneven surface. Lay the part flat and it will slice as one solid surface. Also be aware that this STL will not print well until you lay it flat since the slant reduces bed adhesion.

Posted : 04/09/2019 7:20 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Fusion360 model to PrusaSlicer

Your STL is slightly rotated. Use the Place on face button on the left side of the screen to select the bottom surface to make it lay flat. Once you do that, it will slice normally:

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 04/09/2019 7:32 am
Topic starter answered:

Ok thanks this help but, one more thing how to avoid this section the surface is not solid you see that is in 12 sections if you understand me.

It can see on Preview mode when preview layers that it is in section not whole layer itself.

Posted : 04/09/2019 7:38 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

That is because it is not flat on the bed. Those sections are caused by the "stairs stepping" effect on the uneven surface. Lay the part flat and it will slice as one solid surface. Also be aware that this STL will not print well until you lay it flat since the slant reduces bed adhesion.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 04/09/2019 7:58 am
Topic starter answered:

But I use now place on face and now is flat on bed and this is image after this step

Posted : 04/09/2019 8:03 am
Topic starter answered:

I will try this setup later today and send update to this thread.

Posted : 04/09/2019 11:18 am
Topic starter answered:

problem is the same pictures of first 5 layers in attachment, please help me how to resolve this.

I think that is problem in layers not in same height or something

omething

This post was modified 5 years ago by InfoBot vl. Boris Ignjatović
Posted : 04/09/2019 6:18 pm
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

Hello Boris,

bobstro provided already the reason and solution for your issue. Please try to follow the steps and see why your model in your slicer is not flat on the bed.

In addition I would check the original file in Fusion. You must have made some mistake during rotation. Usually if you create a model on a plane it stays perpendicular to all planes and you don't need to rotate it at all.

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 04/09/2019 10:35 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

Agreed - Bob provided the answer: it simply needs to be placed on the bed level.

This post was modified 5 years ago by --
Posted : 05/09/2019 5:29 am
Topic starter answered:

Thanks guys I'am so stupid didn't realize that left side is not on table and that when use buton to stick to table need to click on some surface to stick ;).

Posted : 05/09/2019 11:16 am
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

No worries. I'm glad it's working now for you, too.

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 05/09/2019 4:46 pm
Share: