Fillamentum PLA temperature adjustment
Hi, Newbie here, hoping to spare someone else some trouble.
I ordered a spool of Fillamentum PLA in Traffic White with my new kit. It was one of the first filaments I tried to use, when tuning the newly built printer. After printing over 50 hours, and having used multiple other filaments with much better results, the other shoe dropped: the Fillamentum website states the max temperature for this PLA is 210 degrees C, not the 215 degrees C that is in PrusaSlicer's database for Fillamentum PLA. I adjusted it to 208 degrees, saved the custom filament in PrusaSlicer, re-sliced with this profile, and all my problems with bed adhesion and failed prints went away.
(And yes, I've glossed over hours of re-running the 1st layer height adjust routine, pulling my hair out, wondering what I was doing wrong, whether the filament had absorbed too much moisture, etc)
The lesson I learned: check out your filament's recommended nozzle/bed temperature, maybe on the tag on the spool, maybe on the 'net, against what's in PrusaSlicer's database, iespecially f it's a new spool - there is a wide variation out there, and it's meaningful!
I know this is a really old post, but I just wanted to let you know I also discovered this and it changed my opinion of the Fillamentum brand from mostly negative to pretty positive. Still fiddling with temperatures and I have found it needs a different nozzle height as well, but otherwise I really dig this material. Glad to know I am not alone in this discovery.
Nope, that was August 12th, a little over a month ago. I've since used up my entire spool of that Traffic White PLA, it was excellent. Next I ordered whatever was cheapest on 'mazon, "Flashforge PLA+/PLA 1Kg", on steep discount, probably 30% off what I paid from Prusa. The first 3 prints were fine, but then the nozzle unexpectedly clogged & ruined a print. I've printed 250hrs+, and never had a clog before! It took me ~3h to research/diagnose/troubleshoot the problem, and I wound up having to disassemble the x-carriage, pop the hot end out, remove the PTFE tube from the top, and then finally heat up the dangling nozzle before I could yank the remaining filament blob out. I ruined the PTFE tube, but the nice folks @ Prusa included a couple of spares in the kit. There's great support documentation online for this procedure. So, gonna order a few more of those. Still, the printer was offline for the weekend, and I was steamed!
Lesson learned: that filament's cheap for a reason... beware!
There are a lot of "lessons learned" moments in 3D printing it seems.