Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Custom Tool Change GCode HELP  

RSS
alecksonj001
(@alecksonj001)
Custom Tool Change GCode HELP

Hi
I have a custom Ender 3 with a Y Splitter for dual extrusion. I'd love to be able to write custom gcode for it, but I can't for the life of me find what the gcode is for *next tool*. Cura has separate start and end custom gcode scripts for each extruder, so you obviously can edit those individually. In lieu of that, I need to be able to write the code using things like "current tool" "inactive tool" etc.

Thanks!

Best Answer by Neophyl:

Only information I'm familiar with is this https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/wiki/Slic3r-placeholders-(a-copy-of-the-mauk.cc-page)

Beyond that I think you will need to ask on the prusa Slicer github page.

Posted : 09/06/2020 1:48 am
Area51
(@area51)
RE: Custom Tool Change GCode HELP

In expert mode under Printer Settings it is possible to write g-code for tool change.

Have a look at my models on Printables.com 😉

Posted : 09/06/2020 10:28 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

Only information I'm familiar with is this https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/wiki/Slic3r-placeholders-(a-copy-of-the-mauk.cc-page)

Beyond that I think you will need to ask on the prusa Slicer github page.

Posted : 09/06/2020 10:52 am
alecksonj001
(@alecksonj001)
Topic starter answered:

@neophyl

That had what I needed. Thanks!

Posted : 09/06/2020 6:32 pm
deonholt
(@deonholt)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @alecksonj001

Hi
I have a custom Ender 3 with a Y Splitter for dual extrusion. I'd love to be able to write custom gcode for it, but I can't for the life of me find what the gcode is for *next tool*. Cura has separate start and end custom gcode scripts for each extruder, so you obviously can edit those individually. In lieu of that, I need to be able to write the code using things like "current tool" "inactive tool" etc.

Thanks!

Hi.

I started using PrusaSlicer about 3 hours ago. I usually used Cura. I have an Ender 5 also with Y-splitter & dual extruders.

I'm battling in Cura to get a dual colour square to have an acceptable look. It looks terrible, to say the least.

So going from Cure to Prusa, is a completely different ball game ... something I am busy discovering.

Did you manage to get your machine with the Y-splitter to work? I will really appreciate it if you can help me with your/sample gcode to get my printer going again. I tried but it only did a small print of something that looks like a very narrow strip and then said it is finish with the print.

Thank you so long. Will really appreciate your help.

Posted : 28/11/2020 7:28 pm
MagicMitch
(@magicmitch)

@alecksonj001

can you post your script I have a similar issue and your solution could help me 

THANX

MITCH

If I had a son he would be a son of a Mitch

Posted : 09/02/2021 6:22 pm
Share: