Clear all

Copying all config from Mac to PC?  

RSS
Delarado
(@delarado)
Trusted Member
Copying all config from Mac to PC?

Hey Guys,

I want to copy all of my config from Prusaslicer Mac to Prusaslicer PC.

Is there a way to do this? I tried exporting / importing a config bundle and It hasn't seemed to have worked.  In fact, I can now ONLY see my custom filaments and printers.  Even If I re-run the configuration assistant, the default Prusa filaments and print profiles do not appear...

Version is 2.3.0+ on both...

Posted : 22/03/2021 4:30 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Copying all config from Mac to PC?

The default Prusa print and filament setting presets are tied to the Prusa printer profiles. You can normally only see the "official" Prusa presets with an "official" Prusa printer selected. Not sure why it would work differently on your Mac.

You can detach them if you want to make a copy. I've got some notes on the process here. If you want a set of Prusa filament profiles as of Dec 2020 with the dependencies pulled out, I've got a set here.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 22/03/2021 5:32 pm
Delarado
(@delarado)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Hmm, Im moving from Mac to PC.

Weirdly, I could only see the NON official profiles (no matter what printer I selected)

I fixed it by deleting everything, running the config wizard, then importing my config bundle afterwards.  I think perhaps when I imported the config bundle before doing the wizard, the printers with the same name as the official ones were imported - however, were not seen as official - So I couldn't see the official filaments.

Posted : 22/03/2021 5:53 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

A config bundle only contains non system profiles. That’s why when you import it in you can’t see the system ones. You need to run through the wizard to restore all the other ones. 
You can copy the contents of all the system config folders from one to another, however this has the danger that the file paths might not match so you are better off using the wizard. 

Posted : 22/03/2021 6:00 pm
Delarado
(@delarado)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

@neophyl

Thanks - I did run the wizard after the config bundles though, and nothing extra showed up.

The only way I could get it to go was to run the wizard and select the "delete all data" option on the first step. Then once I had all the prusa templates in, import my config AFTER.

If I did it the other way around, the wizard did not show anything extra after I ran it. No profiles, no filaments, nothing. Even with the prusa official printers selected.

Posted : 22/03/2021 6:09 pm
Share: