Can I remove the "MK3S" from the saved filename's template?

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
dclaar
(@dclaar)
Eminent Member

When saving a file, the filename is always "bunch-o-numbers"_0.15mm_PLA_MK3S_13m.gcode.

The "bunch_o_numbers" is probably from Autodesk Fusion 360 invoking the slicer: I change them to a human-readable name.

But I only have a MK3S printer, so I don't really need that in the name, and removing it every time is a pain. (I remove it so that more of the information that I care about shows on the display). Is there any way to take that out of the template?

Best Answer by bobstro:

You have complete control over the generated file name. You can change it under Print Settings->Output options->Output file->Output filename format. The base filename is based on the STL name, but you can change it by right-clicking on the part listed in the panel on the right of the Plater view.

Posted : 23/11/2020 5:35 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Can I remove the "MK3S" from the saved filename's template?

You have complete control over the generated file name. You can change it under Print Settings->Output options->Output file->Output filename format. The base filename is based on the STL name, but you can change it by right-clicking on the part listed in the panel on the right of the Plater view.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 23/11/2020 5:38 pm
dclaar
(@dclaar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Thanks! The only bit missing from your answer is that one must be in "Expert" mode.

It doesn't show up in "Advanced" mode, so when I read your answer, I thought "Hey, I don't have that!" <confused face>

But knowing that it must be _somewhere_, I looked for some way to make it show up, and clicking "Expert" did it!

Posted : 23/11/2020 9:31 pm
dclaar
(@dclaar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Ran into a bit of an issue though: Apparently, one must change it for every profile individually, and one cannot override system profiles, so I would end up with double the profiles. I guess I will just keep deleting. 🙁

Posted : 23/11/2020 9:53 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

Changing the filename should not be an issue.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/11/2020 10:19 pm
dclaar
(@dclaar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

The "issue" is that I don't want to have 16 profiles. Although I guess if I did, it wouldn't ask me to turn on bridging detection all the time! 

Posted : 24/11/2020 12:43 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

Does this help?

https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/wiki/Slic3r-placeholders-(a-copy-of-the-mauk.cc-page)

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 24/11/2020 2:08 am
Share: