Clear all

Prusa Slicer 2.3.3  

RSS
Same Old Shane
(@same-old-shane)
Member Admin
Prusa Slicer 2.3.3

Hello all;

This is a combined posting from our github in regards to PrusaSlicer 2.3.2 leading up to the final release of 2.3.3 combined in one article to all the new features to 2.3.3.

Summary

introducing support for the new Prusa SL1S SPEED masked SLA printer, Prusa CW1S firmware updater, PrusaLink host type for Prusa i3 MK3 printers, Monotonic infill for all solid layers, better support for reading configurations of newer PrusaSlicer releases, new 3rd party printer profiles and a handful of bug fixes.

To let you enjoy the beta without worries, the beta builds save their profiles into PrusaSlicer-beta directory, so you may use the beta side by side with the current release without ruining your production configuration.

New Features

• Support for Prusa SL1S printer. Files to be printed on Prusa SL1 resp. SL1S printer are exported with an ".sl1" resp. ".sl1s" extension.
  • Firmware updater support for Prusa Curing and Washing machine CW1S.
  • Support for a new PrusaLink host type. PrusaLink is a new name of the networking interface of our printers (SL1/SL1S, MK3 with a PrusaLink Raspberry PI zero image). We are working on PrusaLink for Prusa Mini. The host type of SL1 in PrusaSlicer has been renamed to PrusaLink for clarity.
  • In PrusaSlicer 2.3.0 we have introduced the Monotonic infill for top / bottom surfaces. We received a feedback, that the top surfaces were not always smooth because the monotonic infill was only applied to the top most infill, but not to the solid infills below. In PrusaSlicer 2.3.2, if the top solid infill is Monotonic, all internal solid infill is newly Monotonic as well #4939.
  • When opening the Installation Wizard to install a new printer or a new filament / SLA material, PrusaSlicer newly offers to install configuration updates first before opening the Wizard, because otherwise the user may not be presented with all printers, filaments or SLA materials available.
  • Support for forward compatibility of configurations. Imagine a new infill type is added to a future PrusaSlicer release. If a 3MF was created using the new infill type, PrusaSlicer 2.3.1 would refuse to load the 3MF, while PrusaSlicer 2.3.2 will substitute the unknown infill type with its default and it will present the substitution to the user. The "forward compatibility" feature supports not only adding new enumerated values . For example infill types or firmware flavors) to existing configuration keys, but also turning booleans (on/off) to enumerated values (for example, "draft shield" will change from "enabled/disabled" to "enabled/disabled/limited" in PrusaSlicer 2.4.0.

Bugs Fixed

• Fixed import of some OpenSCAD generated STLs. Until recently OpenSCAD generated ASCII STLs by default with insufficient accuracy of coordinates openscad/openscad#2651. This triggered a bug in PrusaSlicer that caused these STLs to not be sliced correctly #4654#5122#5668#5811#5895.
  • Fixed considerable performance issue when filling in top resp. bottom surface with Hilbert Curve Infill #5771.
  • Fixed performance issue in bridging calculation #5974.
  • Fixed blobs on print after returning from M600 G-code after manual color change. PrusaSlicer did not take into account, that the nozzle is pressurized (deretracted) after M600 finishes, thus it incorrectly triggered extra deretract in some scenarios #6362.
  • Windows specific: Transactional saving of PrusaSlicer.ini to ensure that configuration could be recovered in the case PrusaSlicer.ini is corrupted. On Windows, seemingly the "Move file" Windows API is not atomic, thus PrusaSlicer.ini may get corrupted during the "Move file" operation on power outage or if PrusaSlicer crashes during the operation. It happens very rarely, but it happens. To work around the issue, the config is newly written first into a temp file marked with a MD5 checksum. Once the file is saved, it is copied to a backup file first, then moved to PrusaSlicer.ini. If loading PrusaSlicer.ini fails, the backup file is loaded instead, however only if its MD5 checksum is valid. #2438, #4915, #5812.
  • Linux specific: Fixed an incompatibility with some file systems. Namely PrusaSlicer 2.3.1 would not start at all if the home directory was encrypted. This was a regression in regard to PrusaSlicer 2.3.1 caused by an update of boost::filesystem library #4716#6588.
  • fixing an unfortunate bug in handling FDM multi-material project and configuration files #6711.

Before installing profile updates, a configuration snapshot is taken. In rare circumstances when the current configuration is not consistent, taking a configuration snapshot fails. PrusaSlicer 2.3.3 newly informs about the issue and offers either to install the configuration updates even if taking the configuration snapshot failed or to abort update of the profiles.

PrusaSlicer 2.3.3 is available in the Drivers and App package.
https://www.prusa3d.com/drivers/

A stand along installation download as well as our instructions and guides for using PrusaSliceris available from here;
https://www.prusa3d.com/prusaslicer

Or from our github page.
https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/releases/tag/version_2.3.3

Please report any bug here:

github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues

Shane (AKA FromPrusa)

Posted : 29/09/2021 4:02 pm
John C
(@john-c)
Boost ???

I am receiving the error (boost::filesystem::unique_path: Function not implemented) when i try to send a sl1 file to the Sl1 printer from within prusa slicer.

I am able to export the file any where on my local machine as well as anywhere on my network IE other computers and nas from prusa slicer.

I am also able to send a sl1 file to the printer using the prusa link interface however the file is able to print upon initial transfer but once in the internal memory, if I try to revisit or open an existing file or project in prusa link I just get a rotating icon forever. ( also layer heights are being reported incorectly in the prusa link) IE a file with a .05 layer height shows up as .1

Sending files fails with above error only when I send from prusa slicer.

Prusa Slicer 2.3.3 appimage

Sl1 firmware 1.6.3

Posted : 13/10/2021 2:56 pm
HermannSW
(@hermannsw)
Estimable Member
RE:

I used PrusaSlicer 2.4.0 appimage on Intel Linux for the first days I had my Prusa MINI+.

Now I wanted to run it on my Raspberries, and found Raspberry Pi OS 2.3.3 appimage page:
https://github.com/davidk/PrusaSlicer-ARM.AppImage/releases/tag/version_2.3.3

I tried the 64bit appimage on new Raspberry Pi OS, but that failed, because appimage requires boost 1.67 and new 64bit PiOS uses boost 1.74.

But with only small quirks I was able to get 32bit appimage running, details in this posting:
https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=330120

Scaled to 50% screenshot of vncviewer session to my 8GB Pi4B with working like a charme PrusaSlicer (I will use that Pi4B to compile PrusaSlicer from scratch, because according Prusa github instructions 8GB RAM are needed, and my Pi400 with new 64bit Pi OS (like all P400) has only 4GB RAM):

Posted : 20/02/2022 4:37 pm
Share: