Clear all

Prusa slicer printing parameters for Lithophane printing  

RSS
Fernando Scheps
(@fernando-scheps)
Trusted Member
Prusa slicer printing parameters for Lithophane printing

Dear community, 

I am trying to print a lithophane that I am creating with 3dp.rocks. The problem si that I tried creating the first one and the result was too thick, light does not come through.  I tried searching on the forums but I cannot seem to find specific Prusa Slicer parameters. For example RCLifeOn shared on this video on YouTube the printing parameters HE uses, but he uses a different slicer and I dont understand how to translate those parameters to Prusa Slicer.

I am trying to understand which should be the correct Prusa Slicer printing parameters to print it again but this time with success. 

Can somebody please be so kind to share some screen shots of parameters especially the part of the Speed tab as I dont understnad which ones I should change?

I am quite new to 3DP and I am still learning my way into it.

Any additional tips would be more than helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Fernando

Posted : 30/09/2020 2:05 pm
TheCleaner
(@thecleaner)
RE: Prusa slicer printing parameters for Lithophane printing

Fernando,

A couple of questions, firstly what material and colour are you using? secondly, on the lithophane stl creator, what are your model settings for thickness and thinnest layer?

Regards

Mark

Posted : 30/09/2020 4:21 pm
Fernando Scheps
(@fernando-scheps)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

@mark-booker

Hi there, thank you for your answer.

I have created the following Google Photos album and I added all the screens with configuration parameters from Prusa Slicer and 3DP Rocks to try to find what I need to change to have better results.

Also I have added to that album last nights test, and you will notice the image doesn't look very well and there are printing small gaps you will be able to see if you zoom in.

I am using Extruder PLA NX2 White filament

Thanks a lot for your help!

Fernando

Posted : 01/10/2020 12:20 pm
TheCleaner
(@thecleaner)

@fscheps

I looked at your settings the first thing that stood out was on the 3dp.rocks setup, for the model settings, you have the thinnest layer set to 8mm, depending on how much light you want for the lighter subjects, this should be somewhere between 0.4mm and 0.8mm.

Hard to say about the gaps, how old is your filament? could it have moisture residue? 

As an example I printed this yesterday to test, I did not have any white pla so I used white petg, this is only lit but a cloudy day outside.

Posted : 02/10/2020 1:28 pm
Share: