RE: LCD panel & UV LED life time

@danypsi

rockn roll thanks !

Posted : 16/02/2021 3:12 pm
Paanguev
(@paanguev)

@danypsi

Hi, Dany, I am from Ecuador, here we have prohibitive import taxes, together with the shipping cost make it very expensive to get the original display assembly. I will like to know your experience doing the change with the Eleggo display. Also I have been doing some research and I found that this component might be the ls055r1sx03 display. I think this component is sold at 8$ in bulk, for smartphones replacements. 

Posted : 17/04/2021 5:08 am
Danypsi
(@danypsi)
Eminent Member

@paanguev

I purchased the display from Amazon:

ELEGOO 5.5 Inches 2K LCD Screen, ONLY for Mars Pro 3D Printer, with 2560 1440 Resolution and Tempered Glass Proteciton. Sharp LS055R1SX04 Light Curing Display.

As I mentioned in earlier posts I had to print a frame to hold the screen (STL is attached to a post).  With this frame the display worked very well for about 300 hours when prints started to not look good.  By that time I had an official Prusa replacement and I changed the Elegoo screen for the Prusa.

Posted : 21/04/2021 11:47 pm
Paanguev
(@paanguev)

@danypsi

Thanks very much. 😀 

Posted : 22/04/2021 5:33 pm
BYU_Library
(@byu_library)
Displays last about 300 hours

500 hours is a real stretch in our experience.  We have an original SL1 and have gone through four displays.  They last about 300 hours before getting too many burn holes to be worth the time and trouble of dodging when placing a file on the print bed.

There is no warranty on replacement displays, only the first one that comes with the printer.

Posted : 10/08/2021 10:49 pm
SieumuotTV
(@sieumuottv)

If not, this is a feature that Prusa should add in their next software upgrade.  I have about 100 hours on my SL1 and don't want to be caught out without a replacement panel.

https://vegas-empire.webflow.io/

Posted : 01/04/2022 8:32 am
LMD3D
(@lmd3d)

Just adding my two cents here. I have had the SL1S for 3 months now, maybe printed 50 prints, 90% were failures (I guess my learning curve?)My LED array died, the whole top row went out. I did get a replacement under warranty however upon following the steps and connecting everything back together, now my LCD screen will not turn on and I have the 10322 error about the cable not being connected/broken. Not sure how any of this happen as I was extremely delicate. I did notice that randomly while starting the machine I get the error that it does not recognize the version software. Which a restart usually clears it up. Because this printer went down I purchased an M3 because it was on sale, and in the 3 days I have had it running I have had more successful prints using chitubox than I have on my SL1S, I am moving towards regretting this purchase. I really hope changing the screen works. I estimated my total run time around 375 hours. For a $2600+ purchase, My $250 purchase has been way better, sadly.

Posted : 13/09/2022 4:00 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: