Notifications
Clear all

MMU Lack Enclosure really 2+kg of filament?  

RSS
gnat
 gnat
(@gnat)
Noble Member
MMU Lack Enclosure really 2+kg of filament?

For those that have built the lack enclosure (especially from scratch rather than upgrading from the plain version), did it really eat over 2 rolls of filament? I was thinking this would be a great chance to try out a CF/PETG* that I've been eyeing for awhile, but I'm not spending $150 just for the plastic parts.

* Yes I recognize that I don't need a CF blend for this project. It's something that I want to play with and it seemed like this would be a good excuse and the additional rigidity might be helpful as well.

MMU tips and troubleshooting
Posted : 11/09/2020 8:09 pm
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member
RE: MMU Lack Enclosure really 2+kg of filament?

Based on the estimate, yes: https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/3673-mmu2s-enclosure

Pure PETG is recommended because of the mechanical properties. If you want more stiffness, you could use PLA instead. I understand why you want to use CF/PETG but I think it's a wrong material for this purpose.

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 11/09/2020 9:14 pm
gnat
 gnat
(@gnat)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @nikolai-r

Based on the estimate, yes: https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/3673-mmu2s-enclosure

Pure PETG is recommended because of the mechanical properties. If you want more stiffness, you could use PLA instead. I understand why you want to use CF/PETG but I think it's a wrong material for this purpose.

Yeah I saw the estimate which is why I wondered (I haven't used anything off the Prusa DB yet so I don't know how accurate that is).

Yeah, as I said I want to play with CF and thought this would be a good one even though it's properties aren't needed. At $54/kg, however, not for this project!😄

I'll just find a nice cheap PETG to print with instead😉

MMU tips and troubleshooting
Posted : 11/09/2020 9:28 pm
wdvc
 wdvc
(@wdvc)

@gnat

Since i am using the gravity spool holders and not the included top-of-lack mechanism i used quite a bit less. also there are a couple of parts that are for one or another option. So you are not going to print exactly everything. But in general, yes. almost 2KG's. I used prusament PETG so that is a lot less than $150. I calculated it back to $60 including transport (in EU)

Posted : 19/10/2020 11:29 am
Share: