Notifications
Clear all

MMU error Notify Octoprint  

RSS
daevans315
(@daevans315)
MMU error Notify Octoprint

I'm using the IFTTT plugin in octoprint to send notifications of print status. I've got all the basics notifications, print started, canceled, paused...etc working. However, I can't see that any of the MMU errors ever make it back to the terminal \ octoprint. I can't see anything that tells octoprint that the MMU is in a error status. What am I missing?

I3 MK3 MMU 2.0.

Posted : 29/01/2019 4:44 pm
Klathmon
(@klathmon)
Re: MMU error Notify Octoprint

So I've found that Octoprint doesn't "know" there's an error when the MMU causes the print to pause, and because of that you need to find other ways of "triggering" a notification.

I'm not using IFTTT but I'm using a home automation platform called "home assistant" to send me notifications when printers are done or are broken.

At first I checked for the temperature drop during a print (the nozzle temp turns off when the MMU "pauses" the print), and the printer was obviously printing to send a notification. The downside is that it would often take 10 minutes for the temp to drop low enough and trigger.

Later I learned that it actually stops the print "percent done" estimation, so I ended up rewriting the script to say something like "if the percent done of the printer hasn't changed over the past minute, then send the notification"

I'm not sure if IFTTT can handle some of those things, but if it can that's how I solved it for now!

Posted : 06/02/2019 2:37 am
daevans315
(@daevans315)
Topic starter answered:
Re: MMU error Notify Octoprint

I wonder if its missing functionality in octoprint or if the mmu firmware just isn't triggering a 'normal' error mode.

I3 MK3 MMU 2.0.

Posted : 15/02/2019 1:45 am
eezmac
(@eezmac)
RE: MMU error Notify Octoprint

Any update on this? Was someone able to get this working on ifttt? Seems like it would be a great to know exactly when the mmu is in error so that I can go fix and the bed doesn't have to stay heated for way longer than it needs. 

Posted : 20/07/2020 2:19 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@daevans315

The best thing will be to contact the author. The MMU2 sends a status to the printer when errors occur and prompts the user to take action. This means that the printer is on hold, which is not the same as a stop or pause.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 20/07/2020 7:35 am
eezmac
(@eezmac)

@karl-herbert

So do we know if there is a way to read that status from octoprint and then in turn use it to send some kind of push notification to us from there?

Posted : 21/07/2020 3:12 pm
Pixelmagic
(@pixelmagic)

Just got my MMU2S ready, would also like to be notified when the MMU is on hold because of load/unload error.

Posted : 04/12/2020 7:15 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@eezmac

With a Python or bashscript this is certainly possible. Theoretically you could read the serial.log and send the evaluation via email.
In case of a MMU2 error message I would have a look at the serial.log and check if there is something to evaluate.
You can only revive the MMU2 on site anyway.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 04/12/2020 8:20 pm
Pixelmagic
(@pixelmagic)
Posted by: @karl-herbert

@eezmac

With a Python or bashscript this is certainly possible. Theoretically you could read the serial.log and send the evaluation via email.
In case of a MMU2 error message I would have a look at the serial.log and check if there is something to evaluate.
You can only revive the MMU2 on site anyway.

Agree that you need to be near the printer to fix it, but my printer is on another floor so for now I have to go up and down to check if it is still going on.

Are you pointing to the serial.log on the printer or the one from octoprint ? If that could work I could start a message to Telegram for the notify. 

Posted : 04/12/2020 8:28 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@pixelmagic

Octoprint -> serial.log. For this purpose serial logging must be enabled in octoprint.

I would check both, the serial.log and the octoprint.log.

Posted : 04/12/2020 9:24 pm
Pixelmagic
(@pixelmagic)
Posted by: @karl-herbert

@pixelmagic

Octoprint -> serial.log. For this purpose serial logging must be enabled in octoprint.

I would check both, the serial.log and the octoprint.log.

I hope the information is available, I noticed this evening the if the hotend is cooling down then Octoprint does not show the falling temp. It could be that when the display is in "pause" mode (because of the mmu error) it does not send updates to the outside world. Will try to check it with the next print.

Posted : 04/12/2020 9:38 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@pixelmagic

You might find some important information on the github pages: https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/pull/1713

Posted : 04/12/2020 10:03 pm
Share: