Notifications
Clear all

How to adjust small gaps between colors?  

RSS
PPRRUUSSAA
(@pprruussaa)
Trusted Member
How to adjust small gaps between colors?

MM2S is working fine, and I am happy. I do now know, if it is adjustable , how far the colors will overlap. As you can see in the picture, there is a small gap between the two colors. Can this be solved (filled)?

Thx for help - Carsten

Posted : 25/10/2019 12:21 pm
PPRRUUSSAA
(@pprruussaa)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
And it endes up with this:

the material is PLA, it is sticking very well together with it self. You can not break it.

Posted : 25/10/2019 3:58 pm
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member
RE: How to adjust small gaps between colors?

It looks pretty good to me. You could make sharper corners by using smaller nozzle size. But beside of that there is not much you can do.

Keep in mind that you're attaching a cold plastic wall of one color to the hot plastic wall of another. There will be always a wall between those. It will never look perfectly even.

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 25/10/2019 5:32 pm
PPRRUUSSAA
(@pprruussaa)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Hm? :o( But this is delaminated. It is printed like supportmaterial, which should not stick to the next layer.

Posted : 26/10/2019 12:04 pm
Madchiller
(@madchiller)

I’m also looking into this issue atm.. I have very tiny gaps between different colors... I’d like to eliminate.  Maybe a small increase in extrusion multiplier?

Posted : 11/02/2020 11:09 pm
vintagepc
(@vintagepc)
Posted by: @madchiller

I’m also looking into this issue atm.. I have very tiny gaps between different colors... I’d like to eliminate.  Maybe a small increase in extrusion multiplier?

This. makes sure that is calibrated for both filaments, and also that feeding is friction-free. I've had issues with some filaments having enough movement to print, but also so much that it causes it to underextrude because it can't pull it properly. 

Also, if this is your own model, a design tip is to design insert parts like that with small "wings" that extend into the infill of the other colours to secure them from being knocked out and give them more contact surface area. The other advantage is that will usually also provide a nice corner for it to start extruding on and bury any seam zits inside the part and not on a visible corner.

Posted : 12/02/2020 5:52 pm
gamedoithuong
(@gamedoithuong)

Keep in mind that you're attaching a cold plastic wall of one color to the hot plastic wall of another. There will be always a wall between those. It will never look perfectly even.

Posted : 18/03/2020 4:41 am
Share: