Notifications
Clear all

Bondtech lock-screw unscrews  

RSS
RakNoel
(@raknoel)
Eminent Member
Bondtech lock-screw unscrews

Every single print without exception the lock-screw will undo itself during the print. This results in loading/unloading failures and a wierd clicking noise. (Clicking due to bondtech being pressed out by the lockscrew)

Had the exact same issue with MMU2.0, but fixed it by propper calibration of the tube length. Only theory is that the filament knocks the bondtech loose upon loading.

Have changed lock-screw to no avail. Will try locktite asap and report back.

Posted : 11/05/2019 12:03 am
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member
RE: Bondtech lock-screw unscrews

Make sure you are setting the screw on the FLAT, so it is perpendicular and not off angle. This seems to be a common problem for kit builds.

If the screw isn't perpendicular so the face of the set screw is flat on the shaft, the next direction change the screw comes rattling loose.

Posted : 11/05/2019 1:46 am
RakNoel liked
RakNoel
(@raknoel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Unfortunately that is something I have done, and I dont think it would hold 3 hours nor go all the way inn if that was not the case. I'm currently waiting 2 more hrs for the loctite to harden, then I'll put on a new print

Posted : 11/05/2019 5:52 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

Hope it works for you. 

There have also been a few complaints from folk stripping the head of the set screw and being unable to properly tighten it.  Usually this is caused by not fitting the wrench fully into the socket before applying torque. 

As for holding three hours before loosening, yes, an improper fit of set screw to shaft will hold for a while, then break loose.  It is exactly what I'd expect.  Since 99.999 percent of us owners have similar or even the exact same gear set, and ours are not coming loose... 

This post was modified 5 years ago by --
Posted : 11/05/2019 6:00 pm
RakNoel liked
RakNoel
(@raknoel)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Haha thx 😀

Ye I did apply good force before torque, and I changed the screw just in case I had stripped it, but nope. I dont think the alan-wrench is the best, so I'll try another if this too comes loose. <3

Posted : 11/05/2019 6:07 pm
Share: