PrusaSlicer "DRIBBLING VERSION" for MMU2 updated to latest PrusaSlicer 2.1.0-rc

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] PrusaSlicer "DRIBBLING VERSION" for MMU2 updated to latest PrusaSlicer 2.1.0-rc  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
PrusaSlicer "DRIBBLING VERSION" for MMU2 updated to latest PrusaSlicer 2.1.0-rc

Hi,

I updated my PrusaSlicer  "DRIBBLING" version to the latest PrusaSlicer 2.1.0-rc version.

You can download find it in GitHub at:  https://github.com/antimix/PrusaSlicer/tree/version_2.1.0-rc_Dribbling

Regards.

Best Answer by Antimix:

Hi,

I updated my PrusaSlicer  "DRIBBLING" version to the latest PrusaSlicer 2.1.0-rc version.

You can download find it in GitHub at:  https://github.com/antimix/PrusaSlicer/tree/version_2.1.0-rc_Dribbling

Regards.

Posted : 08/09/2019 8:10 pm
Punkgeek and Michael liked
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member
RE: PrusaSlicer "DRIBBLING VERSION" for MMU2 updated to latest PrusaSlicer 2.1.0-rc

What is it doing different?

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 13/09/2019 8:18 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: PrusaSlicer "DRIBBLING VERSION" for MMU2 updated to latest PrusaSlicer 2.1.0-rc

On the Filament tab in Advanced group, in the Toolchange  parameters with single extruder MM printers, there are some additional parameters:

- DRIBBLING MODE (on/off)
- Melting distance (do not change, probably will be hard coded for Prusa printers)
- Number of Dribbling moves

if you do not enable dribbling mode, it works as the standard PrusaSlicer.

But it Dribbling mode is enabled, at MMU2S filament change, just before extract the filament, it starts to play with the filament doing a sort of dribbling and each hit of the filament in the melting area shapes the head almost squared, limiting the strings and strange big balls shapes to the minimum. I had developed it especially for PLA filaments, in order to use bad quality / low cost filaments spools.
For the moment I decided to do not change the temperature, in order to keep print time short.

See a close-up picture of some filament heads  I cut during a MMU2 multicolour print.

Attachment removed
Posted : 13/09/2019 11:00 pm
Michael liked
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

Looks interesting. Do you have a compiled version for Mac?

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 13/09/2019 11:14 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

Sorry no. I do not have any development environment for Mac or Linux at the moment.

However on the GitHub repository there are only sources. At the moment I did not preload any binary executable.

Regards

Posted : 14/09/2019 7:12 pm
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member

No worries, I know how to build it. Would be just easier if someone did it already 🙂

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 14/09/2019 7:16 pm
cgrums
(@cgrums)

I would very much like to try this implementation but am struggling to compile for Windows. Any chance you are planning to upload pre-compiled variants?

Posted : 17/09/2019 10:33 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

@charles-g15

Yes, I will do it,  probably after that Prusa will release the final PrusaSlicer 2.1 version, to avoid to redo the work once a week.

I had also "updated" some months ago, SKINNYDIP to one of the latest Prusa versions to do some tests (that unfortunately did not satisfy me, and for that reason I created my dribbling) but I am not sure they were committed in my Github.

May be that I will do also a new SKINNYDIP upgrade to the PrusaSlicer 2.1 for all people that like it, and I will put in my repository if the legitimate creator of skinnydip will not upgrade it in the meantime. I am not "selling" dribbling, so if some people were able to get good results with skinnydip, why not help them updating the tool ? 😉 I am convinced that printers and filaments are all slide different and anyone need the correct tool for its own hardware. 😀 

Posted : 19/09/2019 10:37 pm
Michael liked
Nikolai
(@nikolai)
Noble Member
Posted by: @antimix

Yes, I will do it,  probably after that Prusa will release the final PrusaSlicer 2.1 version, to avoid to redo the work once a week.

It's already published since 4 days ( https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/releases/tag/version_2.1.0).

So please no excuses 😆 . Just kidding, thanks for you effort!

Often linked posts:
Going small with MMU2
Real Multi Material
My prints on Instagram

Posted : 19/09/2019 10:59 pm
cgrums
(@cgrums)

@antimix

Great! Thanks very much for your efforts. I have been having success with the SKINNYDIP script but it is not working with 2.1...

Posted : 20/09/2019 5:09 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: PrusaSlicer "DRIBBLING VERSION" for MMU2 updated to latest PrusaSlicer 2.1.0

Hello,

PrusaSlicer DRIBBLING has been updated to the final PrusaSlicer 2.1.0 version.

You can find it in GitHub at https://github.com/antimix/PrusaSlicer/tree/Dribbling_2.1.0

Posted : 20/09/2019 11:25 pm
Michael liked
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @nikolai-r
Posted by: @antimix

It's already published since 4 days ( https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/releases/tag/version_2.1.0).

So please no excuses 😆 . Just kidding, thanks for you effort!

ah,ah, ah... 🤣 

Well...

my new porting of SKINNYDIP to ver. 2.1.0 is here: https://github.com/antimix/PrusaSlicer/tree/Skinnydip_2.1.0

Posted : 21/09/2019 8:11 pm
Michael liked
rmilyard
(@rmilyard)

I am going to try with my MK3S+MMU2S with Bondtech Mosquito hotend.  Trying 5 color test blocks.  Any ideas what settings might want to change to get working better?

Posted : 23/09/2019 10:50 pm
Dave Avery
(@dave-avery)
Honorable Member

@rmilyard i suspect you will need to make a bunch of bondtech+mosquito changes due to steps/mm and extruder overall length changes

there are other github repositories that include changes for your extruder config that you would need to merge with antimix's version

Posted : 23/09/2019 11:11 pm
rmilyard
(@rmilyard)

@david-a66

I have custom firmware from vertigo.  So e-steps etc should be right.

Posted : 23/09/2019 11:13 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

@david-a66

For what understand you do not need special changes or strange step settings.

For SKINNYDIP just play around with its section settings.  The same for DRIBBLING.

First ensure that the PrusaSlicer parameters are correct (e.g. you are able to do perfect mono-colour prints with the dribbling or skinnydip options disabled). Then you can print multicolour objects and enable the options.

Posted : 24/09/2019 5:42 pm
rmilyard
(@rmilyard)

@antimix

Single color seem very good.  No issues when printing single though the MMU2.  So I used the Skinnydip version and just turned it on and not change anything else and it's better.  Can change filament couple times but will fail to load.  The filament has little string and end little bigger but it is better than without base settings.  Just not sure what settings should be changing and how they affect the tips.

Posted : 24/09/2019 7:23 pm
rmilyard
(@rmilyard)

So better. Had failed load 3 times but much better. Tips still look stringy to me. Please look at pictures in link and let me know what you think.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0mnMYe0LjmO_m81JAcFBDfUrQ

Posted : 25/09/2019 6:14 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

@rmilyard

Yes, are still stringy. You need to play with the following parameters according to your filament type:

• Number of cooling moves
  • Speed of the first cooling move
  • Speed of the last cooling move
  • Number of dribbling moves

- What filament was, PLA or PETG ?
- What were the above parameters values  you used ?

Unfortunately compiling the new DRIBBLING I overwrote mine that were well tuned 😪  otherwise I would have shared.

Posted : 25/09/2019 9:56 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @rmilyard

@antimix

Single color seem very good.  No issues when printing single though the MMU2.  So I used the Skinnydip version and just turned it on and not change anything else and it's better.  Can change filament couple times but will fail to load.  The filament has little string and end little bigger but it is better than without base settings.  Just not sure what settings should be changing and how they affect the tips.

Neither I. I was not an experienced Skinnydip user. I have just ported the code to the last PrusaSlicer on community request.
I was not satisfied of the results, and for that reason I wrote DRIBBLING. However a lot of people got good results. May be worth contact them, as example on Facebook.

Posted : 25/09/2019 10:01 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: