Clear all

PrusaSlicer 2.1.1 - "Dribbling V.B01" version is out  

RSS
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
PrusaSlicer 2.1.1 - "Dribbling V.B01" version is out

Hello,

is now available the new Release of "Dribbling" V.B01, that is an enhanced version of PrusaSlicer 2.1.1 😀 

You can find at https://github.com/antimix/PrusaSlicer/releases/tag/dribbling_2.1.1-B01

You can download the executables or compile yourself.

Dribbling is able to perform a perfect tip shape on filaments, in order to improve the reliability of the MMU2S.

This new version has the capability of swapping filaments of different materials and temperatures, taking care of all, so that you can print mixed PLA/PETG models, or PLA/ABS models, and Dribbling take care of change the temperature several time during the filament swap phase to allow the colour change and flushing of mixed materials, without clogging the nozzle with wrong melting temperature for the filament inside.

Read all the features on the Github release page.

Happy printing.

Posted : 07/02/2020 7:36 pm
Kabammi and BeNe liked
Wes
 Wes
(@wes-4)
Trusted Member
RE: PrusaSlicer 2.1.1 - "Dribbling V.B01" version is out

Any chance you want to make an Appimage version available?

Posted : 09/02/2020 9:06 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

@wpegden

Hi, I am still struggling trying to compile it for Linux and make an Appimage. I will post update once I will succeeded.

Regards

Posted : 16/02/2020 11:11 pm
mc_ott
(@mc_ott)

@antimix

First of all, I thank you for the effort and time you are spending to correct the issues in the MMU2S. I just downloaded the PS 2.1.1 Dribbling V.B01 after searching around for solutions to my multi-color PETG printing problems and I have some questions below.

Second, I'll talk about my MMU experience so far. I always used PETG with my MK3 and I am very happy with my settings (T = 235C to 245C), almost no stringing in regular prints and my designs for nut & bolts or hinges work at first try when I give about 0.1mm tolerances, independent of the PETG brand (generally the cheapest). I never had any problems with the MK3 which I assembled about 2 -3 years ago. I have a second, year-old, MK3 which I modified for multi-color printing with MK3S-MMU2S upgrade about 10 days ago but it has lots of MMU Filament Change issues. I cannot print multi-color if I am away from the printer. As an example, for about 3mm thick, 50mm x 100mm, flat print of 4 color Homer Simpson (thingiverse.com/thing:2333485) with 36 tool changes (0.24mm layers), I spent 7 hours babysitting the printer  (100mm/s Perimeter speed setting) which gave at least 3 MMU fails and 6 loading fails. I stopped 3-4 layers before the end (as the filament got caught again around the selector axle and I had enough). A print which takes probably 45 minutes no-MMU, slows down tremendously when printing the Waist-Tower. I was using the Original Prusa Slicer 2.1.1+, filament settings unchanged, just I increased the number of cooling moves to 3 in order to shorten the tip strings, as per Prusa handbook. The filament tips were not deformed much most of the time, but the strings were about 2cm, and anytime I had an error I cleaned the string bits floating around. In at least in 2 cases the filament was entangled around the bearings axle, just before the selector head. In 2 or 3 cases the filament was stuck in the PTFE Tube after the selector because of deformed tip, half way to the extruder.

I gave all this story because I am looking for advice on how to modify or set the Tool-change parameters. I just downloaded PS 2.2.2-Dribbling V.B01, and read the description and you mention PLA at the beginning; are the default settings also good for PETG? Could you provide a step by step guidance, for a beginner to MMU, to follow for PETG printing? Or, do you suggest I switch to PLA? (I also have Mosaic Pallette 2 S Pro and I use it for unattended PLA printing so far -very happy with it-, but never tried it with PETG yet.)

Thanking again for your efforts and waiting for some guidance,

Michel C.

Posted : 22/02/2020 11:20 pm
Pierre badel
(@pierre-badel)

@antimix

thank you for your effort !

for information, i managed to compile your version on linux, ubuntu 18.04.

i will test that very soon...

Posted : 23/02/2020 12:15 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

@michel-c3

Hi Michel,

I use Dribbling either with PLA than PETG. The key factors that influence the good results are:

• Write the correct manufacturer filament specs temp on the filament section. They are used to switch between different filament materials.
  • Remember to Enable dribbling mode in print settings. Is not enabled by default in Dribbling 😉
  • You have to tune the number of dribbling moves and the number of cooling move by attempts.
    Try to print a simple 2x2 multicolour square, and by changing those parameters try to find the best values for your specific filament.
    Normally 1 cool move is enough and it is also faster.
    Remember to save the found values on the filament profile, and repeat the steps for all filament you have.

As example my SUNLU yellow PLA requires different values than the SUNLU black PLA.
  • REPLACE THE PRUSA HEAT BREAK, with the ORIGINAL E3D HEAT BREAK and REPLACE the 1.80mm PTFE tube MMU2->Extruder with 4mm PTFE (that have an inside diameter about 2.8mm),  same in all parts of MMU2, and .
    They lower the filament friction on the tubes and the effort required by the MMU2 motor.
    I replaced also the PTFE inside the aluminium cooler, with a new one, with an inside diameter of 2.2mm. Those are the key change to have a reliable MMU2.
  • Do not under-evaluate the friction between the buffer and the MMU2. I had several issue because (you may believe or not) just rotating left/right the spools on the table, increased incredibly the friction of the filament passing in all PTFE tubes from spool to MMU2, and the MMU2 motor was not capable to reliable pull the filament. At the moment, the buffer for me is an element of disturbance. Ideally a bar over the printer with all the spool inside and free filament is the most reliable setup that does not influence friction.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards

Roberto

Posted : 23/02/2020 1:20 pm
mc_ott
(@mc_ott)

@antimix

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for the quick response and suggestions. I just ordered 3mm ID x 4mm OD PTFE tube to do the changes, in the mean time I will switch the MMU2 to PLA filament, less stringy, and my Palette2S Pro to PETG. I think Palette2S will have a better chance of success with PETG on it since there are no unloading and loading of the different colors. Once the PETG filament stitching setting and print speed is adjusted in it works flawlessly, at least it is my experience so far after 3 months of limited printing. One shortcoming of Palette2S, as far as I can see for now, is the small internal buffer which forces to slow down the print speed so the machine does not give buffer errors.

Thanks again,

Michel

Posted : 23/02/2020 5:49 pm
Pierre badel
(@pierre-badel)

Waouh ! Great job antimix !

First try, first success ! More than 250 tool changes without any trouble.

Dribbling version adopted here !

Pierre

Posted : 24/02/2020 2:03 pm
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:
Posted by: @pierre-b11

Waouh ! Great job antimix !

First try, first success ! More than 250 tool changes without any trouble.

Dribbling version adopted here !

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I am proud of this. I hope that one day, all the MMU2 owners, will be able to print easily their multi-color prints, and that Prusa will get in charge Dribbling it by integrating it on the "vanilla" PrusaSlicer. 😀 

Posted : 09/03/2020 8:25 pm
Kabammi liked
Pierre badel
(@pierre-badel)
have you planned an update with version 2.2.0?
Posted : 25/03/2020 9:24 am
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

@pierre-b11

Hi, I have already done and I was playing with it, but it was a -rc version.

I will port to the final, now that is published.

Regards

Posted : 25/03/2020 9:42 am
Pierre badel
(@pierre-badel)

oh great !

thanks

Posted : 25/03/2020 9:46 am
GrantNZ
(@grantnz)

Thank you so much for this feature antimix! I have been using this with PETG. Previously the printer would jam once every 10-20 filament changes; now I can go 300-500 changes without a jam. So much more reliable!! 😀 

Posted : 25/03/2020 10:24 am
Antimix
(@antimix)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

@grant-garmonsway

The new version is ready.

You can find here the info: https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mmu2s-mmu2-general-discussion-announcements-and-releases/prusaslicer-2-2-0-with-dribbling-v-c01-inside-is-out/

Posted : 25/03/2020 10:52 pm
GrantNZ liked
Share: