Clear all

Prusa bombed on the mmu2s  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Tailsld
(@tailsld)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Prusa bombed on the mmu2s

okay I completely dis-assembled and re-assembled the mmu... did the upgrade  on the back ptfe tubes  with thread in holders.  replaced the PTFE tube with capricon tube.   The mmu loads irraticaly  (sometimes to the wrong location), does not eject fully, sometimes.  When I try to load to nozzle it wont load( end clipped at a sharp angle).  The extruder bondtec gear spins so fast it is hard to even see the gears.

Im done...friends who also have a prusa mk3s dont even want the unit to try.  Back to the Pallatte 2,  after  a day  I was printing 4 color minions...20 hr prints and 744color changes(splices). I will figure out the pallattes  dislike for solubles.

I was interested in the up comimg larger Prusa printer...now I am reluctant.  Thanks for  help from the readers.

Rick

Posted : 13/07/2020 10:31 pm
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member

I would most definitely contact support.  Something is wrong with the loading and unloading.  They (support) can most likely help much better than we here on this informal forum can.

Posted : 14/07/2020 8:19 am
Tailsld
(@tailsld)
Topic starter answered:

If a moderator reads this can you tell tech support to email me..I cannot find any link to tech support...just info for sales.

thanks

Posted : 16/07/2020 2:40 am
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member

Here is how to contact Prusa Customer Service:

https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/contact-us

Posted : 16/07/2020 2:51 am
Tailsld
(@tailsld)
Topic starter answered:
Thanks JSW I contacted them waiting for response.
Posted : 16/07/2020 10:35 pm
Tailsld
(@tailsld)
Topic starter answered:

Okay...after much time and effort I have the mmu2s working somewhat reliably.

upgraded all the PTFE tubes to a larger id.

replace the rear PTFE holder with m-10 couplers

made new buffers by shmilcat

trimmed the notch 1 layer on the extruder idler  lever

reprinted the front PTFE holder

extended the holders from mmu2s and frame to make the PTFE tube have a more gentle arc

i want to upgrade the selector so it will be easier to clean the whole sensor area

i am thinking of replace the hot end....i have printed well over 3000 hrs

thanks to all that helped me get this thing operational👍

Posted : 29/08/2020 2:23 am
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member

I'm glad you got that working.

Yes, it's quirky, but it does work as intended if you give it some patience and, I admit, in some cases read between the lines.

I also replaced the tube input thing with the quick-connect fittings.

Mine has worked smoothly so far with the supplied tubes.  I do admit that I have not used it in multi-color mode much, but my wife likes that black and white sheep model that she keeps on her desk.  😉

My next venture with it is to try soluble supports, as soon as I have a print that will benefit from it, that is.

Posted : 29/08/2020 10:04 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

I have modified and rebuilt my MMU2 in this way: https://grabcad.com/library/mmu2-mmu2s-multi-material-unit-v2-3-1

If you clean the MMU2 from time to time and remove filament strings, it runs very reliably.

Printed with CPE-HG100 and XT-CF20.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 29/08/2020 10:38 am
Tailsld
(@tailsld)
Topic starter answered:

30 hrs in o a 60 HR Alanis dragon...mmu is flashing all 5 for no apparent reason....reset...works then acts up.   Occasionally goes to wrong filament address( have to call major Carter and have her check the DHD)...And sometimes places the PVA IN THE PRINT !  That should be intresting when i soak it in water.

up til now it have been working okay.. not perfect but adaquet

Posted : 24/09/2020 4:04 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: