Notifications
Clear all

mmu2s extruder question  

RSS
Okami 359
(@okami-359)
Trusted Member
mmu2s extruder question

So, with your great help on not using the wrong instructions I got everything mostly done and dusted. The only thing I can't seem to find is when/where is the betal ball added and where does the fillament sensor wire connect. I"ve gone back fourth through the extruder instruncitons and mmu2s instructions and I can't find reference to either of these things. As is I"ve turned off the filament sensor as it is not connected.

Posted : 21/04/2019 11:44 am
Okami 359
(@okami-359)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:
Re: mmu2s extruder question

Figured out my sensor mystery but still unsure about the ball and magnets. Appears neither are used for mmu2s build?

Posted : 21/04/2019 7:01 pm
CybrSage
(@cybrsage)
Honorable Member

Figured out my sensor mystery but still unsure about the ball and magnets. Appears neither are used for mmu2s build?

I do not have my MMU2S yet, but from what I understand, they are parts used for the S upgrade to the I3 MK3 to make it a MK3S. That is part of the new filament sensor.

Posted : 21/04/2019 11:16 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Not used in the MMU2S upgrade; it has a modified extruder body where the sensor is positioned and used in a different manner.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 22/04/2019 10:48 am
Okami 359
(@okami-359)
Trusted Member
Topic starter answered:

Thank you for all the help! I finally got everything together and it appears to be working. running the sheep as my first multi color print and so far so good. I had one unload error but was able to recover after a little fussing.

So far I'm pretty excited and looking forward to trying out disolvable supports after getting some other multi color prints under my belt. My main critique as this point is oddly the build instructions. While they usual quality was there (photos, highlights, etc.) I don't think the upgrade and mmu2s instructions are clear enough. Particularly regarding the extruder. Multiple times it had me ready parts (screws, nuts) that didn't get used to many steps later and didn't explain the things left out or that this or that would be done during a different section. Just felt the MK3 build went way smoother and was by all rights more complex but explained better.

Well, fingers crossed, I'll be adding a few pics to the print thread in the near future. Thanks again!

Posted : 22/04/2019 5:28 pm
Share: