Notifications
Clear all

First Multi-color Print Issue  

RSS
DJ
 DJ
(@dj-4)
First Multi-color Print Issue

I recently upgraded my i3 MK3S with the MMU2S package.  I've got it working fine with any >>one<< extruder gcode file, but I don't know how to create a multi color gcode.  After I slice an object then drag the layer slider down from the top (or up from that bottom) I don't see the "orange plus icon" next to the slider.  Note that I am indicating the printer as "Original Prusa i3 MK3S MMU2S" with 5 different filaments loaded (see embedded screen shot).  I've apparently missed something fundamental but I can't seem to find it - any help appreciated, thanks.

DJ

Posted : 17/03/2020 3:07 am
K7ZPJ
(@k7zpj)
Reputable Member
RE: First Multi-color Print Issue

To slice color models, you load all of the STL files at once.  At the end of loading answer yes to the dialog box that pops up to warn you about being a multipart model.    On the right side of the platter you will see the list of STL files where can change the extruder number to select your colors.

The printing handbook section 9 goes into this process: 3D Printing Handbook MMU2S

Start with a simple model such as the sheep to get the hang of slicing for the  MMU2s: Sheep

Posted : 17/03/2020 5:46 am
DJ
 DJ
(@dj-4)
Topic starter answered:
RE: First Multi-color Print Issue

@bruce-p4

Thanks!

DJ

Posted : 17/03/2020 4:44 pm
Share: