Notifications
Clear all

Upgrading PrusaSlicer  

RSS
Buckeye Slicer
(@buckeye-slicer)
Eminent Member
Upgrading PrusaSlicer

I have a MK3s and running the 3.8 firmware.  I have a raspberry Pi running and Octoprint.  I recently upgraded the slicer software to the 2.2 version.

Now when I go to print and load the gcode file into Octopi, my camera no longer works.  I have Octolapse plugin, and it was working with that, or just the regular viewing with camera.  Now with Octolapse enabled, I get an error, and can't print until I disable Octolapse in Octorpint.

Camera worked fine, until I upgraded to the new PrusaSlicer.  This is why I do not want to upgrade my printer firmware, even thought the printer keeps beeping to upgrade to new version.

Posted : 19/07/2020 7:17 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Upgrading PrusaSlicer

You can disable the firmware version beeps in the printer menu. Be aware that 3.8 has a bug that can cause layer shifts with the filament sensor enabled.

Does your camera stream using Octoprint when not printing? 

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 19/07/2020 3:31 pm
Buckeye Slicer
(@buckeye-slicer)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@bobstro

yes it does work when printer is not printing.  I would like to upgrade firmware also, but alot of people say they've had problems after upgrading, and if it works fine , leave it alone.  I do not want to have to recalibrate everything , reset this and reset that.  Other thing is , is it better to wait maybe 6 months or so till all problems are totally worked out with new version.  Also not sure there is anything new that is earth shaking that I need, or would make things easier.

Posted : 19/07/2020 5:36 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@steveandbelinda

Perhaps the Octoprint Forum can help you better in this matter. It may be due to Octolapse or your current Octoprint version. I don't think the problems are caused by the printer firmware or PS.

https://community.octoprint.org/

I hope you find something suitable to solve your problem 👍 

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 19/07/2020 5:52 pm
Share: