Notifications
Clear all

No Lack of Wobble  

RSS
Cabiri-Prusa
(@cabiri-prusa)
No Lack of Wobble

OK so I built my enclosure (see below) and it looked really cool.. Until it started printing. 

What is it with the Wobble? Has anyone solved the Wobbly Lack Issue? 

•  
Posted : 14/10/2019 11:21 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: No Lack of Wobble

I have reduced with twin towers that are mounted to one another.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 14/10/2019 11:34 pm
rmm200
(@rmm200)
Noble Member

A granite surface plate is probably the most cost effective. I opted for a granite pastry board.

Anything to get the mass up. My enclosure is also only two high. Three does not look stable...

Posted : 15/10/2019 3:01 am
Bunny Science
(@bunny-science)
Noble Member

I dramatically reduced wobble in my three high LACK towers by bracing the sides and backs with angle brackets. Only the bottom two of each tower were braced together, but even that requires quite a few brackets. The top LACKs remain removable.

Posted : 15/10/2019 5:49 am
360 liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Posted by: @charles-h13

I have reduced with twin towers that are mounted to one another.  

I forgot one part, I added an 18x18 tile to each table.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/10/2019 9:17 am
jurassic73
(@jurassic73)
Estimable Member

I put a rolled up handtowel behind my Lack tower between it and the wall.  It helps.  I need to secure some foam blocks that rest against the wall.

MK3s / My IKEA Lack enclosure

Posted : 23/11/2019 1:13 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

I documented my process in this thread. Basically, you've got 2 challenges:

• Increase the mass of the printer to reduce mechanical noise and vibration. You can do this by coupling the printer to a large mass.
  • Decrease transmission of vibration into large resonating surfaces. You can do this by de-coupling the printer mass from the surface it sits on.

Details in the linked thread. Be sure to check out the CNC Kitchen videos on the topics to understand the perils of simply using isolating feet.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 23/11/2019 3:39 am
Cabiri-Prusa
(@cabiri-prusa)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks for all the replies - currently my tower is a decorative storage rack for filament, tools and prints. It also still has the PSU attached to it. The Mk3 sits on a very sturdy, and heavy cabinet next to it.

Posted : 25/11/2019 10:28 am
Share: