Clear all

Mk3s 45° fan shroud  

RSS
kenatno10
(@kenatno10)
Eminent Member
Mk3s 45° fan shroud

Hi All ,

Just when i thought the fan shroud problem was over , i am back to square one . Although printed in asa.

I have just purchases the new filament from prusa , but currently do not feel confident in printing it as a newby.

I use auto fan on the prusaslicer with great success in comparision to the basic preset.

But the fan shroud is catching the ends of some prints if they slightly curl up on the end at anytime.

I have looked at many various shroud designs online . Many also look low for a fan that does not come on so often

So , has anyone had better success please ?.

Posted : 04/06/2020 3:50 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Mk3s 45° fan shroud
Posted by: @kenatno10

[...] But the fan shroud is catching the ends of some prints if they slightly curl up on the end at anytime.

You really should focus on improving your bed adhesion so that parts don't warp up into the fan shroud to start with. If parts are warping badly, they'll eventually catch something else and cause problems.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 04/06/2020 3:57 pm
kenatno10
(@kenatno10)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Hi , 

Generally not getting much warping .

I have cut back on using both brim and also supports by careful positioning on the bed. Using brim on smaller prints only.

Sometimes its the larger prints that have the problem with catching the edges due to shroud droop one end , and once the shhroud gets caught the print pulls it further down beacause of the single screw can not resist the movement.

Posted : 04/06/2020 4:04 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

Ah, gotcha. So the fan itself is drooping? You should be able to find someone that can print a fan shroud in polycarbonate if that's the main issue.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 04/06/2020 6:28 pm
kenatno10
(@kenatno10)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

I have just bought some of the new pc from prusa .

I think i might give this a go , although the temperature in the UK has gone down to around 14 c and i have no enclosure .

I may look at some form of strap maybe .

Posted : 04/06/2020 7:20 pm
Share: