Has anyone upgraded to the Bondtech Extruder and what has been your print quality experience?

Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone upgraded to the Bondtech Extruder and what has been your print quality experience?  

RSS
Crunch
(@crunch)
Estimable Member

Please share your print quality after upgrading to the Bondtech Extruder is it worth the time Bondtech BMG Prusa MK3S/MK2.5S v2

Bondtech Upgrade Kit For Prusa i3 MK2.5 & MK3

The Latest Firmware can be found here https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/releases
Open Firmware Issues https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/issues

Posted : 26/10/2019 7:28 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Has anyone upgraded to the Bondtech Extruder and what has been your print quality experience?

I bought the Bondtech for Mk3s and I am happy with it.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/10/2019 2:47 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE: Has anyone upgraded to the Bondtech Extruder and what has been your print quality experience?

I built my own mix of MK3 and BT Extruder with fast and easy hotend change possibility: https://grabcad.com/library/prusa-mk3-bt-1-8-extruder-1

..with slightly better print results by reducing ghosting and vibrations for a more homogeneous surface, similar to these pictures:

wbr

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 01/11/2019 8:46 pm
ManelTo
(@manelto)
Estimable Member

to the MK3S do you only need the upgrade or is it necessary something else? Like a new firmware or another hardware.

With the bear upgrade is it work?

Sorry for my poor English. I try to do my best.

Posted : 01/11/2019 9:53 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Posted by: @manelto

to the MK3S do you only need the upgrade or is it necessary something else? Like a new firmware or another hardware.

With the bear upgrade is it work?

The bondtech has a firmware upgrade.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 02/11/2019 1:04 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

Look here: https://www.bondtech.se/en/product/prusa-i3-mk3s-extruder-upgrade/#tab-firmware  

(Estep set to 830; adjusted Z_MAX_POS to 205; changed printer name).

For the Bondtech Upgrade You need a new x-carriage. You can find all files and information on the Bondtech sides.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 02/11/2019 1:43 am
Ido
 Ido
(@ido)
Trusted Member

@mk3betatester did you do the upgrade?

Im thinking about getting the upgrade, all looks good. One thing I am a bit hesitant about is the need of another firmware. I will be dependent on Bondtech, So 1 year from now, when Prusa releases version x, will bondtech still update it as well?  Is the firmware update the only method, or can it also be done through GCODE or the CLI?

Posted : 26/12/2019 8:42 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

I have it and have used it for about 4 months.  I like it.  The firmware is easy to install and is updated regularly.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 26/12/2019 11:59 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@ido-d

I did my own upgrade. You can edit the sourcescript, which you can find on the Github sites, compile it and flash with PrusaSlicer.

https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware

Here an example (my MK3S with 1.8 stepper extrudermotor) with optional changes:

Bondtechstepper-Einsy_Rambo_1.1a

Posted : 26/12/2019 2:19 pm
christopher.b23
(@christopher-b23)

Excuse the ignorance but these Extruders should work fine with the MMU2 kits correct? I've lost a single gear shaft lock and to replace that one part in cost has me looking at a whole new extruder for just a wee bit more.

Posted : 03/04/2020 1:19 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

@christopher-b23

Hi Christopher, 
do you mean that you have lost the Grub Screw?

it's a 2mm long, M3 Grub Screw... 

Check the magnets under your heatbed. a number of people have found the grub screw stuck to the magnets, 

alternatively have a look in your spare parts bag, that came with the printer kit... that should contain a spare.   (Note, there should also be a 3mm M3 grub screw in the  spare parts bag too... this is too long for the Bondtech gear, it will cause jamming... 

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 03/04/2020 6:16 pm
christopher.b23
(@christopher-b23)

@joantabb

Yes I believe it is! Thank you for the correct name. Thats much easier to replace than the gear and cheaper!

Posted : 03/04/2020 10:27 pm
prusanewuser
(@prusanewuser)
Prominent Member

Is the Bondtech extruder upgrade for the MK3S still working great? After all these months, is it still better than the stock extruder which came with the i3MK3s?

Posted : 03/09/2020 11:10 am
MileHigh3Der
(@milehigh3der)
Honorable Member

I'll necropost this one in the hope to get the long term feedback from people that had them.  I have a Mk3s/MMU2s that I'm going to upgrade to a REVO high temp version.  I'd like a bit better extruder and was looking at the Bondtechs.  I'll probably remove the MMU2s and run it singular, in a PRUSA enclosure.

Any thoughts on upgrading using a REVO and a new exrtuder?

Posted : 25/10/2023 9:41 pm
ChrisG
(@chrisg)

When I look at the Bondtech firmware page, At the to 'mainboard version (eg: RAMBo10a; RAMBo13a; EINSy10a;...)' Nu buddy board. Or do I miss something?

Posted by: @karl-herbert

Look here: https://www.bondtech.se/en/product/prusa-i3-mk3s-extruder-upgrade/#tab-firmware  

(Estep set to 830; adjusted Z_MAX_POS to 205; changed printer name).

For the Bondtech Upgrade You need a new x-carriage. You can find all files and information on the Bondtech sides.

Posted : 01/03/2024 11:51 am
Share: