Notifications
Clear all

Enclosure Power Switch  

RSS
markyb0y
(@markyb0y)
Enclosure Power Switch

I have built an enclosure and would like to add a power switch to the front of the unit. However, as the power supply has 2 sets of 24V power cords leading to the Einsey board which set should I use to add the power switch? Left, Right or Both (looking at the Einsey board)? I realise I could simply open the power supply and rewire the switch but I was hoping to not have to void the warranty.

Posted : 01/06/2019 7:53 am
Peter M
(@peter-m)
Noble Member
RE: Enclosure Power Switch

I have a foot switch, were you can plug in a few 220 volt ...

https://www.kabelshop.nl/Brennenstuhl-Stekkerdoos-6-voudig-Brennenstuhl-2-meter-Voetschakelaar-1159450616-i5757-t7545.html

Posted : 01/06/2019 5:27 pm
markyb0y
(@markyb0y)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks but that doesn’t help my situation, currently I have my raspberry pi and my enclosure lighting on seperate power switches, I would like to do the same for my printer, I simply need to know where to wire the switch in. 

Posted : 01/06/2019 11:10 pm
Peter M
(@peter-m)
Noble Member

The power connector of the power supply you should make a switch.

Posted : 02/06/2019 10:32 am
OPK
 OPK
(@opk)
Trusted Member

Both pairs.

They run in parallel to be able to handle the power (Amps). 

I would put a switch before the power supply (switching 240V), as you want to have it powerless when you switch the printer off.

Posted : 02/06/2019 3:13 pm
Carter
(@carter)
Trusted Member

Hi,

i run a power strip from the wall with cables from the raspberry pi, enclosure lighting, and prusa i3 mk3 power.. power supply is mounted outside the enclosure.  The power strip has a toggle button.. but it is plugged into a smart switch which connects to iOS and Android... I can turn it off from work if the print fails.

each printer has a camera with remote access and it’s own smart plug.

Posted : 04/06/2019 2:54 am
Share: