Notifications
Clear all

Alternative extuders  

RSS
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Alternative extuders

I am planning an article on alternate extruders for the MK3S.  

I know of the Bunny Short Ears and Skeletruder.  

Any others?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 30/10/2020 1:01 pm
da4throux liked
vintagepc
(@vintagepc)
RE: Alternative extuders

There's the butterworth mod but it's included in the Bunny version and only a minor mod of the MK3 stock one to correct the filament path. 

Recently the PitStop extruder appeared as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/prusa3d/comments/ijbpp3/just_in_case_you_missed_it_my_new_pitstop/

What specifically are you looking to write on? General comparisons, specific features and capabilities?

Edit - paid mods, there is of course the BMG extruder, and the Bear extruder by itself, too, minus the gearbox from B&B

Posted : 30/10/2020 1:50 pm
Heiliger Bimbam
(@heiliger-bimbam)

I recently installed the PitStop and I love it, you should definitely include it in your list!

Posted : 11/11/2020 4:27 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@heiliger-bimbam

I am going to build one of these over Christmas.  This is exactly what I need.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 11/11/2020 6:27 pm
Baklin
(@baklin)
Reputable Member

After buying my MK3s I wasn't going to modify it as it works just fine for me the way it is. But ordered the parts for the pitstop extruder already and have most of the parts printed now. 😀 

I'm afraid it isn't going to stay original very long. Maybe I need an other one or a mini as a backup. 😉

Posted : 12/11/2020 3:22 pm
Heiliger Bimbam
(@heiliger-bimbam)

Well I felt the same way. I installed the PitStop just for fun as I was fascinated by the ability to simply pull apart the extruder. It now prints exactly as good as before. The build was easy. Enjoy!

Posted : 13/11/2020 2:59 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@heiliger-bimbam

I am going to build one for my MK3S.  I would love to have one for my Minis also.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 13/11/2020 7:02 pm
MCMakeIT
(@mcmakeit)

For me, i will build up a Bear Extruder and X axis the next few wesks. Maybe that's another alternative Extruder.

Anycubic I3 Mega, MK3s

Posted : 18/11/2020 4:32 pm
Print My World
(@print-my-world)
Eminent Member

I'm using Butterworth N4A right now. Sourcing parts to try a bear extruder soon. Nice thing about Butterworth is it's drop in replacement, no need to mod x axis as with bear.

Posted : 23/11/2020 11:53 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@print-my-world

Interesting!  The Butterworth appears to be a step but not competition of the project.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/11/2020 11:59 pm
da4throux
(@da4throux)

Hi,

@cwbullet thanks for all the sharing.

I spent some time on your blog, but could not see the the article, did I miss it, or are you waiting on the new Revo, or ?

happy new year

Posted : 03/01/2022 1:50 am
Share: