Notifications
Clear all

$10 Enclosure - Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Floor Tiles  

RSS
Maksym
(@maksym)
$10 Enclosure - Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Floor Tiles

Yet another crack at a quick-and-dirty (literally) enclosure, which is an easier and more portable collapsible alternative to a cardboard box. This one is built from foam floor tiles. Each tile is about 24"x24" which makes for a perfectly sized cube. 4 tiles are about $9 at Harbor Fright ( https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html and other retailers) and also available in-store from most other US retailers. The bottom edge features a masking tape to seal off drafts (can be taped to the table) or use edge pieces that come with the tiles. There is a plastic bag on inactive  spool to keep the tile from sagging and dragging on the active spool (also works fine without it). I also put a thermometer on the PSU to make sure it does not overheat while I'm printing the PSU bracket (the first one lifted off from the textured sheet and failed, thus the enclosure); I have opening at either side of the top of the plastic bag  to control the temperature - might put a computer fan to create a small draft at the top.

$10 Prusa i3 MK3S+ 3D printer floor mat enclosure

Posted : 31/12/2020 3:55 pm
dimprov liked
Share: