Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Slic3r auto speed settings.  

RSS
Mickgalt
(@mickgalt)
Slic3r auto speed settings.

in the sli3r settings, if you set them to zero it will auto set them? how does this work?? are people using it?

Posted : 08/05/2017 12:20 pm
Vojtěch Bubník
(@vojtech-bubnik)
Member Admin
Re: Slic3r auto speed settings.

Please don't use it. Use the values recommended by Prusa Research.

Posted : 12/05/2017 3:15 pm
4levels
(@4levels)

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I have to disagree with the last anwser posted here.

Yesterday I started using the autospeed settings in Slic3r Prusa Edition and guess what: this has improved the printing quality tremendously (far beyond my expectations) so I consider it only fair to share my experience here, since I'm sure a lot of people will see the same benefits as soon as they start using the autospeed features from Slic3r.

Slic3r settings: I've set all speeds that show "set to 0 for auto" in the tooltip to 0 in the Speed tab of the Print settings. I scrolled down to the autospeed section and set the maximum speed to 60 mm/s, the maximum volumetric speed to 4 mm³/s and the maximum positive and negative slope speeds to 2 mm³/s² each.

Advantages: the print goes a lot faster, the extruder runs at an almost constant speed, the overall quality of the extrusion lines is a lot better, no more "bumpy corners", no more adjusting speed when printing thicker layers and automatic compensation for different extrusion widths (left to default). Even when using transparent filaments the visible quality has improved a lot. I do have a bowden setup with a custom Y joint (so no direct drive and extra friction) to be able to use the multimaterial features.

TL;DR; Try this feature by all means, I'm sure it will perform beyond your expectations! Start with maximum volumetric speed of 4 mm³/s and see how far you can bump this up before your extruders starts skipping steps or filament is slipping.

Kind regards,

Erik

Posted : 03/05/2018 9:46 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

I know things change a lot in 11 months, but if the developer of Slic3r PE tells us not "not use a feature" then I really do think it's a good idea to take his advice, until such time as he advises to the contrary.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 03/05/2018 1:45 pm
Share: