E3D v6.1 Shipping with new printers and kits... Does it include the new silicon socks?

Notifications
Clear all

E3D v6.1 Shipping with new printers and kits... Does it include the new silicon socks?  

RSS
erick.v
(@erick-v)
Estimable Member

As you can see in the E3d website the E3d V6.1 full kits come with the new silicon socks. Is it included in the new shipments of the Kits and/or the already build printers?

I am receiving my kit next week and I wanted to know if its one of the things I need to buy. I am looking into the issues with this printers and a lot of people are complaining about thermal runoff and similar things that could be mitigated by this.

Posted : 02/12/2016 11:56 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator
Re: E3D v6.1 Shipping with new printers and kits... Does it include the new silicon socks?

Hi Erick

I think you have to contact support (Live chat on shop pages) and ask them to include the socks. They will then include them (FOC) in your shipment.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 03/12/2016 10:24 am
Carsten
(@carsten-2)
Estimable Member
Re: E3D v6.1 Shipping with new printers and kits... Does it include the new silicon socks?

No socks in my kit delivered 1.Dezember.

Oh and I just read they have them in Stock but don't recommend them. But you can ask them to put one in your order (no sure if for free)

Carsten

My Prints: https://www.prusaprinters.org/social/15695-carsten/prints
My Employer: https://make-magazin.de

Posted : 03/12/2016 12:44 pm
erick.v
(@erick-v)
Estimable Member
Topic starter answered:

Thanks for your help guys!

BTW why don't you recommend them?

Posted : 04/12/2016 6:40 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Actually, I do. As long as they are fitted correctly such that they won't fall of...

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 04/12/2016 6:49 pm
JohnOCFII
(@johnocfii)
Estimable Member

Thanks for your help guys!

BTW why don't you recommend them?

The sock is great if it is installed correctly. I've had mine in place for two months now. It help hold heat in the heat block, and also keep the heated block clean.

John

Posted : 05/12/2016 5:06 am
Kelly R. Johnson
(@kelly-r-johnson)

I can confirm that current shipments (delivered 01-JAN-17) do not include the sock.

Posted : 11/01/2017 10:18 pm
Share: