Clear all

Make this forum 100% english?  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Patrik Rosén
(@patrik-rosen)
Reputable Member
Make this forum 100% english?

I understand why it's divided in two parts, the connection to CZ/Poland etc.. but it feels like I'm missing out on interesting subjects, the English part of the forums are populated by users from the rest of the world, and the spelling/writing isn't perfect all the time, but that doesn't really matter right, we'll understand each other anyway 😀

Me on 3dhubs!
Posted : 10/10/2016 9:29 am
martin.w3
(@martin-w3)
Re: Make this forum 100% english?

If you do not speak a language but wish to read a page anyways, you could use Google Chrome as your browser and make use of the "Translate to English" function that is built in.

Posted : 10/10/2016 11:03 am
David T.
(@david-t)
Noble Member

Patrik, I understand your point. But I'm afraid there are too many Czech users/customers who do want to communicate with Czech seller/support in native language.
Anyway I would remove Polish section since there is no post yet and it doesn't seem to be used at all.

Posted : 10/10/2016 11:23 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

I understand the arguments from both sides.

With a 2-language forums, questions will be asked at least twice and it it difficult trying the search the Czech forums when attempting to find good ideas and solutions.

Bring it all together and the individual posts become more effective, but then there is the problem of not fully comprehending answers and the Czech users (there are probably very few) who don't understand English.

It is very difficult to know what is best; I do occasionally refer to the Czech forums, but Google is really not very good with "techie speak".

I think the biggest problem is that we now have established forums in 2 languages. I really can't see a way of combining them which would work.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 10/10/2016 11:43 am
Patrik Rosén
(@patrik-rosen)
Reputable Member
Topic starter answered:

I'm talking about the České fórum mostly, the Polish forum isn't really used at all so...

I totally respect that some users doesn't speak/write/read English, and I'm not disappointed if it stays CZ/English divided, but how many are they really, who cant communicate in English? Even if the written language not is perfect school English, that's not a problem imho. I believe there's an bigger issue with a lot of valuable knowledge that not reaches everyone.

I'm active on many forums, RC-cars, Leica, Hasselblad, Cycling etc, all of them with users from all over the world and I've never experienced a problem with not understanding each other, although occasionally some user might need to re-formulate her/his question. But that already happens today on this forum as well! No biggie!

Regarding how to do the merge... just close the České fórum for further posting, and let it stay there as an Archive.

Me on 3dhubs!
Posted : 10/10/2016 11:56 am
Matt3o
(@matt3o)
Trusted Member

I would suggest at least to bring the English forum on top

Posted : 16/11/2016 11:46 am
richard.l
(@richard-l)
Member Moderator

Matteo

While that may be convenient for you, it would not be convenient for those in the Czech forum. There are many more Original Prusa printers sold and used in non-English speaking countries.

I would actually suggest that everyone use a browser that will translate and go visit the Czech forum. Lots of information and interesting prints there that don't get posted here.

Posted : 16/11/2016 2:43 pm
Matt3o
(@matt3o)
Trusted Member

with all due respect, the English forum generates 5 times the posts of the Czech one.

Posted : 16/11/2016 7:42 pm
StephanK
(@stephank)
Reputable Member

Dang, and I was hoping we could get some more languages in here for those folks who don't speak english nor czech. Having an official place to go to to get support in your language is important especially for users new to the whole 3d printing thing IMHO.

Posted : 17/11/2016 6:01 am
Nigel
(@nigel)
Honorable Member

Wow!!!! We English speakers are superior and should be at the top? Wow such arrogance. This site and the product we have bought, is in and from the Czech Republic. Please.... This attitude is shameful, you can use a translator on websites.

Its too much to scroll down to the English speakers posts, sheesh. Lazy F*****s

Nigel
Life is keeping interested and excited by knowledge and new things.

Posted : 20/11/2016 4:58 am
richard.l
(@richard-l)
Member Moderator

Nigel,

You and I don't agree very often but in this case we are 100% together.

Posted : 20/11/2016 5:24 am
Kolous
(@kolous)
Trusted Member

Or maybe turning down the English part could help 😈 If you suffer so much by missing something interesting what about learning some basic Czech? 😉

Posted : 30/11/2016 2:54 pm
jan.p18
(@jan-p18)
Trusted Member

To speak english you need to know just 500 words. This RepRam comunity should be something more. Lets start to speak czech, evrybody....

.. lets don't make flamewars ...

Posted : 30/11/2016 5:02 pm
David T.
(@david-t)
Noble Member

Actually you need even less words to speak Czech. 😈
(just making fun of ourselves)

Please leave this forum as is. Czech section is for people talking their native language since PR is Czech company. English section is for every other people as English is the most common language. This is how I understand current layout.

Posted : 30/11/2016 8:58 pm
christophe.p
(@christophe-p)
Member Moderator

Actually you need even less words to speak Czech. 😈
(just making fun of ourselves)

Please leave this forum as is. Czech section is for people talking their native language since PR is Czech company. English section is for every other people as English is the most common language. This is how I understand current layout.

Pivo !!

Lesson learned of the day, thanks 😉

Anyway I do not see any reason to impose english language over the czech one. It's a part of PR culture, even if the english section is growing more and more due to international beaming of mk2 light ! 1 + 1 = more than two in this case.

On the other hand, the polish section should be removed, there is not even a single message in it !

And if a french section is created, I promise to name any brand of beer into it, and I know a lot !

I'm like Jon Snow, I know nothing.

Posted : 30/11/2016 10:32 pm
Stefan
(@stefan-8)
Eminent Member

Here's my 2 cents.

I doubt the the Czech users don't speak english, just look at the recent comments. And to that point I also doubt that anyone interested in this hobby only seeks information in there nativ language.

And sure, I understand that the Czech users are proud that Prusa Research it a Czech company and want to keep it as is but I believe that it would be best for everyone it the forum was english only because I really feel that I miss alot of good info not being able to read the czech forum.

Posted : 01/12/2016 2:13 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

OK, the forum layout is not going to change and I see absolutely no reason why it should.

Prusa Research is a Czech company and us other nationalities should be grateful that we are allowed to purchase and comment on the products produced by Josef and Co.

I have no idea why this thread was ever started. It is a complete nonsense.

Personally I would like to see this whole thread deleted but that is not Josef's way. I would therefore ask the mods/admins to consider locking the thread.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 01/12/2016 3:20 pm
Nigel
(@nigel)
Honorable Member

I agree with Peter (PJR) this subject is irrelevant. However lets leave it open for other fools. I do not believe in censorship.

Nigel

Posted : 02/12/2016 5:24 am
joris.j
(@joris-j)
Eminent Member

This forum seems to be populated with the most unbelievably arrogant and presumptuous people.

Someone launches a well argued proposal and it gets labelled 'for other fools' and 'a complete nonsense'. There certainly must be more respectful ways to express disagreement.

And to stay in style, '... us other nationalities should be grateful that we are allowed to purchase ...' is the most idiotic bullshit I have heard in several decades. If 'us other nationalities' would not buy, Prusa would not have a market and a business and I'm sure Joseph does recognize this.

Grow some common sense and decency, guys.

Posted : 02/12/2016 8:45 am
Nigel
(@nigel)
Honorable Member

Thanks joris.j for pointing out that Prusa Research relies on worldwide sales. We are talking about who comes first in a support forum. If we go down that road Chinese speakers win . Respect is due to Prusa Research for the product we bought, from the Czech Republic. And if us lazy English speakers cannot scroll down to our so called superior section of the support forum........ .... ...... ... .... ...

The whole point is, that there is no point in the original posters post and if others like us English speakers (I include you) continue to be fools, show it 🙂

Nigel

Posted : 03/12/2016 3:52 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: