Notifications
Clear all

Using Modifiers in Prusaslicer  

RSS
Journeyman
(@journeyman)
Using Modifiers in Prusaslicer

Is there any method to accurately place an uploaded stl modifier onto the build plate? It would be useful to be able to align a modifier shape with the plated object. Either by using a co-ordinate system or by aligning to a grid. In a similar area, is it possible to set the build plate so that it is aligned to the printer axis basically so you can ensure that you are viewing either from directly above or from the side? I have noticed that not all the build plate tools seem to be available when manipulating a modifier, you can rotate it but not place it flat on the build plate.

Thanks, John

Posted : 25/10/2020 10:32 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: Using Modifiers in Prusaslicer

I’m not at my computer at the moment but there are keyboard shortcuts to align views to an axis.  There’s a a list of them available from one of the menu options. 
As for placing modifiers to the bed, you don’t generally use the place to bed by face tool on the right but on the right hand panel that shows the x,y,z coordinates there’s a small icon to the right of those boxes which will drop them to the bed. 
When scaling using the visual handles it grows both sides of the axis but if you just want to alter one side then you can grab that handle and use I think it’s cntrl at the same time. 
Have a read through the Prusa Slicer knowledge base too for the basics. 

Posted : 25/10/2020 11:08 am
Journeyman
(@journeyman)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Using Modifiers in Prusaslicer

Thanks for that, hadn't found the keyboard shortcuts. Easy when you know where to look. And the drop modifier to bed function also found, not particularly intuitive. Not been playing with Prusaslicer for long but thought I would give it a go when I got my new Mk3S a few weeks ago. More used to Cura. Lots of interesting things in the the new slicer though. Works a treat.

Many thanks for the heads up.

John

Posted : 25/10/2020 1:17 pm
Share: