Notifications
Clear all

Support as the "base" layers  

RSS
Kendred Cooper
(@kendred-cooper)
Support as the "base" layers

Okay... for the life of me, I cannot figure this one out.  I have the rare situation come up where if I could print the entire model on a sheet of support material (say 5-10 layers thick) that I would get better results.  Is there a process or setting in PRUSA Slicer that allows this?  So, for example... I have a 1" cube and I want to print about 5 layers of support material FIRST onto the bed before the actual model prints.  I have tried changing the Z distance of my parts but they do not move.  I've tried adding support modifiers and THEN moving the print model... no luck.  What am I doing wrong?

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Kendred Cooper
Posted : 15/02/2021 1:52 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Support as the "base" layers
Posted by: @kendred

Okay... for the life of me, I cannot figure this one out.  I have the rare situation come up where if I could print the entire model on a sheet of support material (say 5-10 layers thick) that I would get better results.  Is there a process or setting in PRUSA Slicer that allows this?  So, for example... I have a 1" cube and I want to print about 5 layers of support material FIRST onto the bed before the actual model prints.  I have tried changing the Z distance of my parts but they do not move.  I've tried adding support modifiers and THEN moving the print model... no luck.  What am I doing wrong?

I think this si what you call a raft.  Look in Prusa Slicer and you will find the setting.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/02/2021 2:37 am
Diem
 Diem
(@diem)
Illustrious Member

The setting you are looking for is in:

Print Settings > Support material > Raft

Cheerio,

Posted : 15/02/2021 2:37 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)

@diem

Thanks.  I am nto at my computer to do it for him.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/02/2021 2:39 am
Kendred Cooper
(@kendred-cooper)
Topic starter answered:

Yes!  YES!!!  Thank you!!!!!!

Posted : 15/02/2021 2:41 am
Share: