Notifications
Clear all

STL file exported from blender 2.8 is not recognized by PrusaSlicer-2.0.0  

RSS
Victor S
(@victor-s)
Eminent Member
STL file exported from blender 2.8 is not recognized by PrusaSlicer-2.0.0

I made my first blender 3d object today, I exported it in STL format but when I import the STL in PrusaSlicer no 3D model is imported.

PrusaSlicer message is "Auto-repaired(135082 errors)"

Here is the STL: http://cc123.caido.ro/handle.stl

I reimported the STL in Blender and is fine. Thank you.

Best Answer by A.Dorn:

Welcome to the club, using blender isn't easy...

If the stl has errors it's difficult for Slicers to do something. They have to guess, and you have to rely on luck. In Blender get the 3D Print Toolbox-AddOn. The "Check-Manifold" tool is very important (for me the shortcut was on Ctrl-Alt-Shift-M)

For your stl it reports 2473 vertices with errors - I usually don't try to print something that has any errors. After "Remove Doubles" and "limited dissolve" there are only 537 errors left at the bottom (and 2 isolated vertices at the top).

Maybe doing the bottom parts from scratch would be best - it doesn't render well for me.

Posted : 18/06/2019 6:03 pm
A.Dorn
(@a-dorn)
Eminent Member
RE: STL file exported from blender 2.8 is not recognized by PrusaSlicer-2.0.0

Welcome to the club, using blender isn't easy...

If the stl has errors it's difficult for Slicers to do something. They have to guess, and you have to rely on luck. In Blender get the 3D Print Toolbox-AddOn. The "Check-Manifold" tool is very important (for me the shortcut was on Ctrl-Alt-Shift-M)

For your stl it reports 2473 vertices with errors - I usually don't try to print something that has any errors. After "Remove Doubles" and "limited dissolve" there are only 537 errors left at the bottom (and 2 isolated vertices at the top).

Maybe doing the bottom parts from scratch would be best - it doesn't render well for me.

Posted : 18/06/2019 8:56 pm
Victor S liked
Victor S
(@victor-s)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: STL file exported from blender 2.8 is not recognized by PrusaSlicer-2.0.0

Thank you, your post was really helpfull - I learned a lot from this.

Posted : 19/06/2019 9:38 am
Share: