Notifications
Clear all

Start/Stop Layer Artifacts? [First Post]  

RSS
Cleversn
(@cleversn)
Start/Stop Layer Artifacts? [First Post]

Hello, 

I hope this is the correct spot to post this. 

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to fix this issue? I am using a new MK3S. This was one of the default prints on the SD card that came with it. 

I believe it is linked to the start/stop position of the nozzle on the outer wall. 

Thank you!

Posted : 06/10/2019 1:19 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
RE: Start/Stop Layer Artifacts? [First Post]

What specifically do you need to fix?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 06/10/2019 1:32 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

You mean seams? I am not sure you can get rid of those, besides getting the model and slicing it on your own while ticking box somewhere to place them in one place vertically. Each sliceng software handles those differently. 

Posted : 06/10/2019 11:18 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

Argh, can't edit my post, I meant slicer instead of sliceng. Also you may try playing with retraction and similar settings in slicer to get better results (coasting, wiping, ...).

Posted : 06/10/2019 11:32 am
Cleversn
(@cleversn)
Topic starter answered:

I found this to be helpful: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/blobs-and-zits/  I think I’ll have to experiment with the retraction and wipe settings and perhaps reslice it instead of using the default g-code that came with the printer. 

Another link on the subject: https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/22887-holes-on-outer-shell/

Posted : 06/10/2019 3:38 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@cleversn

Thanks for those links, it’s useful stuff for noob like me too.

Posted : 06/10/2019 7:15 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

Also - it looks like you are using random seam position.  Try aligned or rear.  Many parts have a "front" and hiding seams by putting them all to the rear is helpful.

Posted : 06/10/2019 8:18 pm
🧊-SK3D-🧊
(@sk3d)

If you use Prusa Slic3r and enter the layer menu in advanced mode, near the bottom will be a setting called "Seam Position". If it is on nearest change it to something different. The "Rear" option worked best for me. I had the same problem but this is how I fixed it.

Posted : 05/01/2022 6:44 pm
Share: