Clear all

Smartfil PLA 3D850,  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Smartfil PLA 3D850,

Hi, I'm having a problem printing with this filament, I have tried several configurations, the extruder starts making noise tac tac tac and at the end the filament stops coming out, it happened to someone else and they could solve it. Thank you

Best Answer by arjan:

@tim-2

Thank you

They have already sent me a link to the video of which screw is
Posted : 20/05/2021 7:21 pm
Bascule
(@bascule)
Eminent Member
RE: Smartfil PLA 3D850,

My guess is that maybe you have the Bondtech gears too tight. I had this with TPU which is much more prone to jamming, and I just had to loosen the tension on the bolt holding the Bondtech gears together. About half the threads used in the nut seemed to be right for me.

Posted : 20/05/2021 7:26 pm
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

There is a way to see in image or video, where I should loosen, I don't know very well where you indicate, thanks

Posted : 20/05/2021 7:41 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

@Arjan, without giving any information about how you might be printing, do you honestly expect a helpful response? You could be trying to print that filament with a profile suitable for cement. Please provide an example profile you are printing with in the form of a saved and zipped project.

This post was modified 3 years ago by --
Posted : 20/05/2021 8:28 pm
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
I have printed with the configuration of 0.10 and 0.15 and I have selected the smartfil wood filament that appears in the list of filament in the prusa configuration, the other values ​​I have left as they come by default
Posted : 20/05/2021 8:39 pm
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

I have printed with the configuration of 0.10 and 0.15 and I have selected the smartfil wood filament that appears in the list of filament in the prusa configuration, the other values ​​I have left as they come by default

Posted : 20/05/2021 8:40 pm
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

I have exported the configuration file, to see if so, you can see how I do it and see where the error is

Attachment removed
Posted : 20/05/2021 8:48 pm
Ringarn67
(@ringarn67)
Reputable Member

@arjan

ZIP- format is the most common on this forum so...

I unrared and rezipped it 👍 

Attachment removed

Prusa i3 MK3S+ FW 3.11.0 (kit dec -20), PrusaSlicer 2.5.0+win64, Fusion 360, Windows 10

Posted : 21/05/2021 4:28 am
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

Creating and Posting a project file

Posted : 21/05/2021 6:35 am
Ringarn67 liked
Diem
 Diem
(@diem)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @arjan

Are you using wood filled filament?  If so have you fitted a larger nozzle? 0.6mm is the smallest recommended for woodfill.

If you are printing woodfill with the default 0.4mm nozzle you will get jamming and consequent extruder problems.

If you are printing regular Smartfil PLA use the generic PLA profile, the woodfill setting is a little hotter to free the particles' passage through the nozzle.

The clicking is the Bondtech gears gripping and slipping.  Unscrew the idler tension screw (older versions have two) and open the access door.  Clean out any dust and debris with a stiff paintbrush.  Close the door and screw down just enough to grip the filament, you were probably too tight before so start minimally and tighten by half turns until it runs smoothly but quietly.

Cheerio,

Posted : 21/05/2021 11:23 am
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

the filament that I am using is the smartfil pla 3d850 white color, it is not wood.

I selected Smartfil wood because it was the only Smartfil that was in the filament list (my poor English, I didn't know that wood is wood, I'm from Spain).

What filament should I select for smartfil pla 3d850 white color?.

The thing about housing the screw, I could do it, but I don't know what it is, you can send a photo or a link that shows exactly what screw it is, thank you very much

Posted : 21/05/2021 2:17 pm
Diem
 Diem
(@diem)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @arjan

the filament that I am using is the smartfil pla 3d850 white color, it is not wood.

What filament should I select for smartfil pla 3d850 white color?.

GenericPLA

The thing about housing the screw, I could do it, but I don't know what it is, you can send a photo or a link that shows exactly what screw it is, thank you very much

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/checking-re-aligning-the-bondtech-gear-mk3s-mk2-5s_133176

Cheerio,

Posted : 21/05/2021 5:22 pm
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@ringarn67

hi, i've already compressed it to zip, see if you see something i'm not doing right .thank you

Attachment removed
Posted : 21/05/2021 5:37 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

@arjan

I guess it is an English thing. We need the PROJECT file, not the CONFIG file.

Creating and Posting a project file

Posted : 21/05/2021 6:31 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

@arjan

Have you completed the reading of the Prusa Printing Handbook?

Posted : 21/05/2021 6:32 pm
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@diem

Thank you so much. Would you have to loosen the screw with the pink arrow a bit?

Posted : 21/05/2021 6:37 pm
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@tim-2

If I have read the manual, but I am new I bought the printer already assembled 1 month ago

Posted : 21/05/2021 6:39 pm
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@tim-2

Let's see if I've done it right now, thank you very much

Attachment removed
Posted : 21/05/2021 6:46 pm
--
 --
(@)
Illustrious Member

@arjan

The handbook explains how to adjust the tension screw. You shouldn't need to ask.

Posted : 21/05/2021 7:00 pm
arjan
(@arjan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

@tim-2

Thank you

They have already sent me a link to the video of which screw is
Posted : 21/05/2021 7:14 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: